Looking for Weight Loss friends (Girl Advice)

Options
Hi my name is Alex. Looking to meet friends to motivate each other in achieving our goals. I would like to loose 40 lbs. I would also appreciate any advice.

Replies

• snb25
    snb25 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Alex I'm also looking for some friends for motivation.i have plenty of advice on weight loss.please feel free to add me
  • jrae1234
    jrae1234 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Alex! Have you ever tried following macros? I've been doing it for about a year and found it super successful. By the way, nice to meet you! :smiley:
  • SKaren87
    SKaren87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Alex :) I'm Karen and I'm also looking for some friends to help keep me on track.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Howdy! Feel free to add me :)
  • iwillforme
    iwillforme Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need the motivation back :s Did good for a bit over 2 years .... then sugar and laziness. I'd love to team up for motivation :)
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome Alex!!!!
    One day at a time!
    at the two-three week mark its very common to hit the "this isn't fun anymore and I don't see changes" and quit.
    DON'T QUIT. Its when the changes are about to hit! mentally and physically!
    Its a journey. there's good days and bad. Easy days and hard.
    In the end, its worth it for your Health and Feeling better.
    Every day is a New Beginning - New Beginnings Rock
  • rolenthegreat
    rolenthegreat Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You can do it! My personal 'tip' is to find ways to make food that you love a little lower calorie. My lunch time sweet tea becomes a 'half sweet/half unsweet' tea.
    I'm in the market for some more friends as well I will add you!
  • Mafiachik
    Mafiachik Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Rose and I'm looking for people to keep me motivated and I will do the same for you! I would like to lose about 110 pounds.
  • kaffialjones
    kaffialjones Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm still finding my way in the food world, but the first time I lost 40lbs (gained a lot back now) I was using meal replacements but that clearly doesn't last forever. You can't eat two shakes a day for life. It's unreasonable. But what did work was my workout regimen. I love Jillian Michaels videos. They're cheap $10 or less, and usually 30 mins a workout. I hate working out and don't know what to do at the gym so quick and easy is for me. It's like ripping off a bandaid though, it's over quickly but painful lol. 5 days a week with one of her vids and you're good to go. I chose Killer Abs the first go around because that was and is my target area, but don't let the title fool you! She doesn't believe in spot reducing fat so every one of her videos includes cardio and strength training as well, with a focus on your problem area. Now I'm about ''tis start 6 Week 6 pack.
  • healthcate
    healthcate Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Alex! Ladies, add me because I'm aiming to lose 20lbs and could use support. The best advice I could give is log food before you eat. I do a lot of mindless eating and it helps me think before I eat, plus plan what I'm going to eat in advance.

Also don't forget to drink lots of water! Soup and salad are great meals too, not appetizers. :)
  • jadaatenise
    jadaatenise Posts: 17 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Trying to lose 40lbs as well :)
  • Cuddlebearjay
    Cuddlebearjay Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started with a goal of 40 to lose, and am down almost 10 lbs. Feel free to add me :)

You'll probably get a lot of different advice because everyone does their own thing. My advice is not cutting out any foods (I've tried that in the past and always binged). Eat what you love, but do it in moderation
  • katsnewgoal
    katsnewgoal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Just starting to use this app to shift my focus to a healthier lifestyle. Looking for advice and support on my weight loss journey. Short term goal - lose 10# by the end of April 2017. Long term goal - lose 20+# by end of this year. Who's with me?! :) -Kat in Maryland