First 20 pounds down plus NSVs!

Options
debokadu
debokadu Posts: 9 Member
Today is my birthday, and I was so excited to get on the scale and see that I had dropped 0.2 lbs to bring my weight loss to an even 20 pounds! It was like a surprise birthday present!

I always bank calories for Friday and Saturday, but I also allowed myself an extra treat (oreo cookie pie) and was thrilled that I only wanted to eat half tonight - I am saving the other half for tomorrow. And finally, yesterday was the first time a co-worker noticed my weight loss! (I chose not to tell anybody that I am trying to lose weight - for some reason that just adds pressure.)

I still have at least 40 pounds to go, but this was the first big milestone that I had set. I am finding it much easier to lose weight than ever before, due to calorie tracking through MFP and allowing myself the food I like within my calorie limits. In the past, I have been "all or nothing" and always ended up falling off the wagon. It's like a big "duh" when I realize how stupid I have been in past diets.

Now, I just need to remind myself that I feel *better* when I exercise and walk more. I need to keep the momentum going!

Just thought I'd share. :)

Replies

• MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Keep it up! :)
  • Landofkim
    Landofkim Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Congrats & Happy Birthday! Hoping to be like you too soon . Can't wait to reach the 20 pound mark. Thanks for the inspiration !
  • debokadu
    debokadu Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you both!
  • AmandaGsy
    AmandaGsy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Keep it up you're doing great. I recently reached 21 lbs and would never of done it without myfitnesspal!! It's an amazing tool and I am keeping the weight off which is actually more satisfying than simply loosing it
  • Krystasfocused25
    Krystasfocused25 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! Great loss!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Way to go- happy birthday- fabulous loss!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!