stressed

Options
so went over calories by 102 havent worked out yet but i had a magnum 4 toffie fee (little peices of choc) a chicken sandwitch and a chicken poppet share box for dinner, well i didnt expect to go over that much tbh

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Nothing to worry about.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    So deduct 25 over the next few days and it will even out!

Next time plan for it in you daily calorie goal and don't stress!

This is long term so no stress:).
  • ashley9651
    ashley9651 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i know might excersize a little longer than an hour tonite lol x
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    102? I don't worry unless it get's close to 500. 100 out of 1200 is just over 8% increase. Without meticulous planning, everyone is going to over at some point as well as under.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Unless you're goal is set to maintenance, you'll be fine.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Chicken pot pie is calorie dense. Sandwiches can be too. As well as chocolate. So....yes.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Chicken pot pie is calorie dense. Sandwiches can be too. As well as chocolate. So....yes.

Wait a minute....yes to what? There's no question. All the foods she ate are fine in moderation, calorie dense or not.

Ashley, 102 calories over is nothing. :)
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    bbell1985 wrote: »

Wait a minute....yes to what? There's no question. All the foods she ate are fine in moderation, calorie dense or not.

Ashley, 102 calories over is nothing. :)

Yes it's understandable that calories were over today. I never said anything was wrong with the foods or that being 102 is bad. Okay?
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I think chicken poppets are some sort of chicken nugget, not a chicken pot pie. You don't have a "share box" with any chicken pot pie I'm familiar with.

Ashley - what you'll find is that it's calorie consumption over time that's important, not a single event. If you eat a lot of extra calories every day, you'll not lose or gain. If you eat at a weight loss level most of the time and sometimes decide to go over (or accidentally go over), don't let it get in your head. The important thing is consistency most of the time. It's about lifetime changes, not meeting some set of rules.

I wouldn't even bother exercising more if it were me. Going over isn't a sin, and you don't have to atone for it. Food isn't evil -- even chicken sandwiches and "poppets".
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    ashley9651 wrote: »
    so went over calories by 102 havent worked out yet but i had a magnum 4 toffie fee (little peices of choc) a chicken sandwitch and a chicken poppet share box for dinner, well i didnt expect to go over that much tbh

Nothing to stress about. Anything under your maintenance is a deficit for fat loss, I think for MFP that is your TDEE? There is no magic number, but certainly your maintenance/TDEE is what you want to focus on (or anything under for fat loss over time) rather than beating up yourself for eating little bits of food you were meant to enjoy.

• crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Unless you're goal is set to maintenance, you'll be fine.

Even then, going over once in awhile isn't an issue. It's only an issue if it happens every day or every week (without balancing out somewhere else).

OP- think of calories like money. If you budget $100 to buy a pair of shoes but you really LOVE the ones that are $175, you can buy them but you will just need bring your coffee to work for a couple of weeks rather than going to Starbucks.