Any UK people want to share food ideas? Not that clean!!

Options
Here are some of the foods I rely on to make life easier while losing weight and counting calories- I have only included stuff that I actually think is nice rather than just because of it being low calorie!

Cookies and cream kitkats as a snack.

Birdseye green medley garlic green veg steam bags - a real tasty side dish for only around 105 cals.

Birdseye Mediterranean rice steam bags - a generous portion for a side dish.

Porky lights sausages- only 78 cals each and probably my favourite on this list!!

Muller light coconut with a hint of vanilla yoghurts - I have one every day after my evening meal - under 75 cals I think.

"Look what we found" chilli con carne in a pouch - great on a baked potato!

Aunt Bessie's carrot and swede mash - my favourite comfort food with decent calories.

Warburtons thins - I have these with everything at around 100 calls each, I actually prefer them to bread now!

Morrisons cheese broccoli side dish - goes very nicely with those porky light sausages and a generous portion for around 320 for the whole container I think.

Fibre one salted caramel squares - 90 calories and a lovely sweet snack - not very big though!

Will add more as I think of them - I would love to hear your favourites too!

Replies

• megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I tend to go for more from scratch than pre packaged with veg.

Those porky lights caused a big hoo ha with the Slimming World crowd! Not tried them myself.

I do love an occasional yoghurt but I'd go mad having the same one each night! Watch out as well because low fat yoghurts are usually high in sugar. I love a full fat natural yoghurt with some honey. I'm all about the full fat dairy - tastes better and fills me for longer. That said, we had some lush muller yoghurts tonight - had an orange and dark chocolate one for under 100 cal - they're on offer in Morrisons.

Personal faves are things that keep me full like a banana or eggs - they're cheap and quick too.

Gin and diet tonic replaces wine.

Love the microwave rice you can get these days - so quick, less washing up and easier to get the portions right. So many flavours too. The supermarkets do a range of flavours but I always get the Tilda ones if they're on offer.

My other sneaky tactic is when I buy pudding treats for my husband and kids I go for something I don't like! Profiteroles and trifle are gross!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Aldi benefit light bars. 67 calories and taste amazing with almost 5g of fibre as well.

Aldi chocolate pot desserts. Under 90 calories and really chocolatey.

Heck chicken sausages around 70 calories

Seafood sticks 20 calories
  • hollyberrybunny
    hollyberrybunny Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I tend to go for more from scratch than pre packaged with veg.

Those porky lights caused a big hoo ha with the Slimming World crowd! Not tried them myself.

I do love an occasional yoghurt but I'd go mad having the same one each night! Watch out as well because low fat yoghurts are usually high in sugar. I love a full fat natural yoghurt with some honey. I'm all about the full fat dairy - tastes better and fills me for longer. That said, we had some lush muller yoghurts tonight - had an orange and dark chocolate one for under 100 cal - they're on offer in Morrisons.

Personal faves are things that keep me full like a banana or eggs - they're cheap and quick too.

Gin and diet tonic replaces wine.

Love the microwave rice you can get these days - so quick, less washing up and easier to get the portions right. So many flavours too. The supermarkets do a range of flavours but I always get the Tilda ones if they're on offer.

My other sneaky tactic is when I buy pudding treats for my husband and kids I go for something I don't like! Profiteroles and trifle are gross!

I love the orange and dark chocolate miller lights, another of my favourites, along with the fruitipolis cherry ones!

I know what you mean about the slimming world followers and the porky lights, some women were actually fighting in the supermarket aisles over them ha ha !!
  • hollyberrybunny
    hollyberrybunny Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Aldi benefit light bars. 67 calories and taste amazing with almost 5g of fibre as well.

Aldi chocolate pot desserts. Under 90 calories and really chocolatey.

Heck chicken sausages around 70 calories

Seafood sticks 20 calories

How could I forget the heck chicken sausages! They are lovely
    I am going to have to try those Aldi bars and chocolate pots, they sound really nice for the calories.