Do I have to eat all my calories?

Options
tgcake
tgcake Posts: 59 Member
edited March 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
MFP has set my limit at 2,300 calories. I've been averaging about 1,300-1,600 lately (past 4-5 days). Do I need to eat more or is this fine? If I exercise, I eat back some of the calories. I always consume at least 1,200 calories.

I'm female, 29, 5'8, 276lbs, sedentary, and looking to lose about 100lbs. Before today, my goal was set at 0.5lbs a week, and my limit was 2,300. I just changed it to 2lbs a week, and my limit is still 2,300. Not sure if that's a bug.

Also: I'm not hungry, I'm not tired, I have energy for working out, etc. Limiting my portion sizes, and cutting out mindless snacking has automatically brought me to this amount. I'm not wanting for anything. I'd just like to find out if this is healthy or not before I continue.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Sounds like mfp isn't updating your calorie goal, you might want to try and reset it again.

2300 sounds too high
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    tgcake wrote: »
    MFP has set my limit at 2,300 calories. I've been averaging about 1,300-1,600 lately (past 4-5 days). Do I need to eat more or is this fine? If I exercise, I eat back some of the calories. I always consume at least 1,200 calories.

I'm female, 29, 5'8, 276lbs, sedentary, and looking to lose about 100lbs. Before today, my goal was set at 0.5lbs a week, and my limit was 2,300. I just changed it to 2lbs a week, and my limit is still 2,300. Not sure if that's a bug.

Also: I'm not hungry, I'm not tired, I have energy for working out, etc. Limiting my portion sizes, and cutting out mindless snacking has automatically brought me to this amount. I'm not wanting for anything. I'd just like to find out if this is healthy or not before I continue.

Your stats are almost exactly mine. I'm 28, 5'8", and 266.

Set to sedentary, 2lbs loss a month, the calorie allotment is about 1500.

I also eat back all my exercise calories. (Fitbit HR monitor.) I end up eating just over 2000 calories a day.
  • tgcake
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Sounds like mfp isn't updating your calorie goal, you might want to try and reset it again.

2300 sounds too high

Yeah, I think it's a little broken. I just set it to gaining 1lb a week, and it's still 2,300 calories. Back to losing 2lbs, and still 2,300.
    tgcake wrote: »

Your stats are almost exactly mine. I'm 28, 5'8", and 266.

Set to sedentary, 2lbs loss a month, the calorie allotment is about 1500.

Thank you! I'll use that as mine as well.
  • tgcake
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Double post, sorry.