beech body insanity 60 day exercise program

Options
Hi mfp peeps,

Is anyone doing beech body insanity its a 60 day exercise program..? Just wanna know how people are finding it..?

Replies

• MeganLMeier
    Options
    As a rule, I stay away from any exercise with "insanity" in the title. But good luck! :wink:
  • VICKY_83
    VICKY_83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thx u..x
  • monicaswyers
    Options
    My friend did this program only after completing the P90X program. Its pretty tough I hear.
  • LaMariaBBG
    Options
    Hi I just started the Beachbody Turbofire program and I love it, it's a 90 day program. Go to beachbody.com, click on Insanity and there are hundreds of thousands of reviews on that website. Most of them use MFP to track their food as well. Good luck!
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    my husband's son did the whole thing with his friends, they loved it and found it challenging, and they are pretty fit, working out at the Navy. My husband tried the fit test and will do it later, after he got some cardio with easier programs to get the stamina up.
  • Pheef52
    Pheef52 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    There are a couple groups on here with insanity graduates and people currently doing insanity. This one is really active http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/265519-insanity-updates-progress-new-group I love it.
  • Bellum24
    Bellum24 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a great work out video, I know lots of people who are doing it or have done it!
    I think you need a fairly high level of fitness to begin it but I am doing turbo fire which is like a step below it, pretty intense still and a great work out. I plan on doing insanity when I am finished my turbo fire.

Check out the website
    http://www.beachbody.com/

This will show you all beach body programs! (they are the best)
  • VICKY_83
    Options
    Thxs peeps most helpful... I just wanna step it up .......:P lol god knows how well I'll do..
  • sarahazen
    sarahazen Posts: 34
    Options
    INSANITY is not for the faint at heart. You can do it as best you are able, but depending on your fitness level it may be smarter to start with something less intense. I'm pretty fit and this program kicked my butt. I wasn't able to keep up with everything they were doing in some of the DVDs. I loved to hate it and will do it again once winter rolls around.

I also have TURBO JAM which is much easier and more geared for beginning to intermediate fitness levels.

INSANITY has a lot of jumping so beware if you have any joint issues.

From someone who has a lot of at home programs INSANITY, TURBO JAM, Tae-Bo, the FIRM, JILLIAN MICHAELS etc. INSANITY gave me a run for my money. I think it is by far the hardest home workout program you can do.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    insanity is fantastic , and yes it will kick your *kitten* , but i dont think anyone needs to fear it, i started it at 200 pounds on a 5 foot frame, yeah i am not great but i muddle through, wont get into the gory details but it is difficult.

BUT shaun T really has a way of inspiring, and getting you to push yourself.

don't laugh but I hear his voice in my head all the time now, in indoor cycling today, was really pushing my self . o and by the way it was only my second time, but was able to do everything in that class. i believe its from doing the insanity my stamina is so much increase. and when i thought i could not go on i swear i could hear Shaun T saying 'DIG DEEPER"
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    well they dont call it INSANITY for nothing....when the people on the video cant do it all-you know you are in trouble...that said I am a 48 y/o overweight female who is now 3 weeks into it...LOVE IT..I sweat like a racehorse, my heart beats out of my chest, I want to fall on the floor after I am done, but oh my gosh I am in the best shape of my life right now after 21 days....can I do it all?---NO Can I squat as low as them are my planks as flat??? NO but I took my fitness test and I have improved so much...

bought mine on amazon for about half the price of what is on TV......if you do it and finish you will LOVE IT
  • VICKY_83
    Options
    nice one can't wait to start it :tongue:
  • cheri03
    cheri03 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am about done with week 2 and I love it!