Fasting - does it work?

Options
2»

Replies

• hazels1973
    hazels1973 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I too agree with many of the comments here. If i fast ie. miss breakfast and just have weak tea and water i find it much easier to keep in my calorie allowance. I did 16/8 rule in January and lost bulk of what i needed to loose. Since Feb i try to do at least 2 days a week of 16/8 during working week as weekend I'm very active with housework and exercise etc. I've since lost more weight but March I've maintained. Im thinking of doing more 16/8 to kick-start losing the last half stone
  • Zara_Pi
    Zara_Pi Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it 3 days now and I must say I find I no longer get the cravings to snack anymore.
    Plus the meals I have fill me up so much.
    I've just had my first proper meal 2 hours ago and I still feel so full. I don't think I can eat again for at least 5 hours!
  • Zara_Pi
    Zara_Pi Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    5h7612meoc49.jpg

Just in case anyone's interested, here's what I've ate so far today.

Breakfast was at 9.30am
    Lunch 3pm
    Dinner 7.30pm
    And I still have 400 calories left for late night snacking.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,571 Member
    Options
    Fasting works for many because they just don't seem to worry about eating all the time. The whole "eat every 2 hours" is a bodybuilding thing and was instituted by so many "winners" in competitions that now it seems anyone who gets on a site like bodybuilding.com is advised to eat that way.
    I don't eat breakfast, train fasted and don't have my first meal till about 12pm-1pm. I usually just have lunch and dinner and then just some snacks in between. But I do eat up till 11:30pm each night.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png