I went to NY and ate all my favorite foods

Options
2»

Replies

• sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Maybe you will gain, maybe you won't. What's done is done. It was a brief period in time; you've had these kind of events in the past and I hope you have similar periods of joy in the future. But they are small in the larger context. Get back to lighter eating habits and go forward from there.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    NY food? Probably worth a small gain. I've yet to experience NY cuisine. You can lose it.
  • rikkejanell2014
    rikkejanell2014 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    ccsernica wrote: »
    Were you on vacation? If so, who cares whether you put on a smidgen of weight? The point is to relax and have a blast. If you did that, mission accomplished. MFP will still be there when you're done.

I'm going to Japan in May. At that point my logging streak will end, and I won't care about my intake for a couple of weeks. Not only will I be in maintenance then -- I allow myself to eat maintenance on weekends now, if I feel like it -- and not only will I not even be able to spell most of what I'll be eating let alone log it, but I'll be there to have fun and to see and do interesting things. If I need to lose weight again afterward, I can do that at home.

Love this
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I will never understand the reasoning behind people not tracking everything and then wondering if they will gain.. If you had tracked it you would of known how much over maintenance you were and what that would be in terms of gain and how to correctly correct it if needed. Even during my binge eating disorder relapse for 6 months i tracked every single day and every piece of food i ate.. i knew i was gaining, i knew how much i gained and when i restarted back in a deficit after being medicated i knew what was water loss and where to put my weight back to again.

What she said.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I will never understand the reasoning behind people not tracking everything and then wondering if they will gain.. If you had tracked it you would of known how much over maintenance you were and what that would be in terms of gain and how to correctly correct it if needed. Even during my binge eating disorder relapse for 6 months i tracked every single day and every piece of food i ate.. i knew i was gaining, i knew how much i gained and when i restarted back in a deficit after being medicated i knew what was water loss and where to put my weight back to again.

I don't track when I go away. But I also accept whatever consequences come from that and it's the only time I don't track. As soon as I get back I start tracking again and do damage assessment after a week. But this is not stressful to me. If I thought taking a break or seeing a gain would make me throw a wobbly then I'd do my best to track. But it doesn't, so I just enjoy my holiday.

I don't track on vacation either. I have lost weight on all three of my last trips (once the water retention from flying was off). I assume that the extra walking makes the difference. OP, rip off the bandage and jump on the scale. It's all speculation until you do.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Any chance i gained weight? Im scared to weigh myself. 4 days of eating. I did hit the gym and did alot of walking. It was my first time in NY. I had pasta, Chinese, ny pizza, cookies. Fries.

Did you log your food and stay within your calorie deficit, or at least make sure that you stayed within maintenance calories?

Food type does not matter when it comes to weight management.

I hope you had a blast in NY. :)
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Probably but who cares? We have some pretty good food here. Queens, NY next time for some awesome ethnic cuisine.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    NY food is pretty much always worth it IMO. I try to go once a year and just hit all the French bakeries and random spots to eat what I've been craving (I probably ate 1400 calories alone at Dominique Ansel. Worth every single one).

It's one day. Don't even sweat it! Plus if you're like me, I walk 12 miles every time I go there... so you do burn up a bunch of it.