Clingy

Options
BrinaBecnel
BrinaBecnel Posts: 122 Member
I literally can't stand clingy people. I need my space! How do you nicely ask someone to back tf off?! :D

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Agreed.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    It really depends upon whom it's & why! I don't mind physically clingy/needy via, a man as long as that; doesn't lead to obsessive/possessive behavior & for a child it's a necessary acceptance otherwise, it's best to choose not; to've children at all! As far as friends if I know that they don't have, anyone else in their life to greet/comfort them; I'll allow them to hug me anytime they see me! Basically it's your responsibility to, choose to've people in your life that; mesh with you or get rid of them rather than, complain about them while putting on a false facade that; you care about them! You've no right to, ask someone to change whom they're if; they aren't causing harm!
  • EZDUZIT68
    EZDUZIT68 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I've never been good at that - in every situation like this I've been involved with, I didn't particularly care enough for the person to feel it was necessary to "discuss" their clinginess. I would casually (systematically) distance myself by not returning calls, leaving their company early, not being as engaged with them, etc. until they got the hint and let it happen organically.

Probably not the best advice you'll hear to help you, but figured I'd offer my perspective and experience.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    I don't do clingy. I haven't come across someone who's interested in being clingy with me so I haven't had the need to tell anyone to back off.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    I literally can't stand clingy people. I need my space! How do you nicely ask someone to back tf off?! :D

That's exactly it, to even broach the subject is impolite. And it's suffocating. The only solution is to cut it off! Add/Increase distance. *Toxic*
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    Tell them you're the kind of person who needs time to themselves. There is no harm in explaining what you need.

Then this should've been, explained before getting involved with; the person & if it's a, child choose not; to've children!
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options

Why are you talking to other people??? I thought I was all you needed :'(
  • yondaime8
    yondaime8 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Different people have different emotional needs. It's perfectly understandable you don't feel comfortable constantly providing that sort of emotional support as it gets tiring over time, there's no way in hell all people are compatible. I think you just need to talk it out straightforward and solve the issue at its root :#
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    csbnga wrote: »

Why are you talking to other people??? I thought I was all you needed :'(

You're all I need, the plane ticket I just bought tells me so!
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    Tell them you're the kind of person who needs time to themselves. There is no harm in explaining what you need.

Then this should've been, explained before getting involved with; the person & if it's a, child choose not; to've children!

I'm assuming you're joking because this sounds pretty ridiculous. Choose not to have a children because they might be clingy? Really? smh

So if someone's unable to, tolerate children they; should've them?
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    I don't like clingy people....yet here I am, as a mom, enjoying their neediness ;)

Children are helpless. Adults on the other hand....

I'm assuming you're joking because this sounds pretty ridiculous. Choose not to have a children because they might be clingy? Really? smh

• DeficitDuchess
    Options

Based on OP's post, I'm willing to bet she was not talking about children.

I agree but while currently it doesn't seem to involve the neediness of a child, these people tend to not discriminate when it pertains to any living creature that; might need an emotional/physical connection to them! Heck even pets get, abandoned if; they're deemed clingy!
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    I don't like clingy people....yet here I am, as a mom, enjoying their neediness ;)

Children are helpless. Adults on the other hand....

However 1 day your child'll be, an adult whom might still wanna; hug with their Mother!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Klingons must be destroyed.