Easy breakfast ideas

Options
psb04
psb04 Posts: 9 Member
edited March 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Hi looking for easy breakfast ideas. I usually have 2 fried eggs in coconut oil or 2 boiled eggs

Replies

• megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm an egg fan too. They're so versatile. I like one fried or poached with coriander and a dash of Tabasco.
    Recently I've just been having a banana but should try harder. Bananas are great too - mashed up with a dash of milk and a sprinkle of cinnamon or sliced on a slice of whole meal with marmite.

Smoothies with a banana or yoghurt as a base. Love using frozen berries in these.

Natural yoghurt with berries, a few pays and a swirl of honey.

My favourite breakfast is smoked salmon with scrambled eggs and a squeeze of lemon juice and black pepper.

Fry ups don't have to be awful on calories either: 1 slice of bacon, 1 fried egg with loads of tomatoes and mushrooms. Yum.

That sort of thing.
  • KickboxFanatic
    KickboxFanatic Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Plain yogurt - greek or regular
    1/4 cup oats
    handful of berries
    scoop of protein powder

Mix and let sit until oats are soft. I've been using the MTS red velvet powder lately and LOVE it.
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I like these. I can make a dozen at once, each with different goodies in them. h t t p s://www.pinterest.com/pin/209276713912057591/ They are mini oven omelettes (like muffins)
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Crustless quiche - heat and eat.
  • lolo_bunny
    lolo_bunny Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I often do overnight chia seeds, 2-3 tbsp chia seeds soaked in a liquid of your choice (I use milk) and then topped with fruit and/or nuts/shredded coconut/dark chocolate, etc. I try to switch up the toppings so I don't get bored.
  • JeanieWww
    Options
    lolo_bunny wrote: »
    I often do overnight chia seeds, 2-3 tbsp chia seeds soaked in a liquid of your choice (I use milk) and then topped with fruit and/or nuts/shredded coconut/dark chocolate, etc. I try to switch up the toppings so I don't get bored.

I've been looking at recipes for that. What do chia seeds taste like?
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Oatfit instant oatmeal. I have this nearly every morning until the weather warms up.
  • lolo_bunny
    lolo_bunny Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Once soaked, they become soft and plump kind of like a tapioca pearl. You can add cocoa powder, cinnamon or other things to add to the overall taste. I have tried overnight oats previously but I prefer the texture of chia seeds personally.
  • JeanieWww
    Options
    I have always liked tapioca! I might have to give it a try.

I have a little dish thing that lets me cook eggs in the microwave. I can do omelettes there for me, or put it on bed for an egg sandwich for my kid.