NEWB - We have to start somewhere!!

Options
Hi all!! :heart:

Well, I joined this community (because I already feel the love) late last night/early this morning. Special thank you to leilanikam!! (Add her & shanadarling, as well!!!)

Compare me to my sisters and myself, you wouldn't think that we're sisters. Both of them have been on the XS-S side of the rack, while I've always been in the L-XL side. This had always brought my confidence really low, but have always found something new to love about myself.

I've only been a part of this site for not even a day, and I love the inspiration & motivation you all are giving each other! I'd love to meet new friends to help motivate & inspire, and I will DEFINITELY return the favor!

:heart:

Replies

• cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    ahhh i know what you mean! i have two size-small sisters, and i've always been the size-large one!
    you are a beauty in your profile pic. you can do this!! :o)
  • paulahhhh
    paulahhhh Posts: 283
    Options
    Aw, thank you! And I disagree... WE can do this :happy:
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    I would be happy to friend you sweetie...we can all use more friends/motivation
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • samatalma
    samatalma Posts: 197
    Options
    Hello and welcome!! :) We can definitely do this!! Add me if you would like.
    Btw, I LOVE the thing you have in your siggy about removing the vowels from females and boys, made me giggle. Lol.
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    Thank you ladies!!!

Samatalma - LOL! I'm glad!!!
  • Henry513
    Henry513 Posts: 4
    Options
    welcome and feel free to friend me I love having others to help motivate me as well :)
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hi Paulahhh! Welcome to Myfitnesspal! We're all here to support each other. My whole family is over weight, but I've always been on the skinnier side until the last 5+ years or so when my weight started crawling up, three years ago my doctor called me "obese" (BMI range) and that was the slap in the face I needed to realize that I don't want all the diabetes and hormone issues that run in my family to own me too. You are truly a gorgeous gal! Don't let skinny sisters and their "I can eat anything" business get you down. They'll be wishing they could borrow your clothes in no time!

Remember:
    You're worth it!
    You're gorgeous (no matter what weight you are)!
    When you taste how sweet victory over that weight is, you'll have something your skinny sisters will never understand--a sense of victory and accomplishment; well versed in the knowledge that you can conquer anything and that this is only one step in a lifetime full of achievements. If you want it, you can make it happen.
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    plantgrrl - Thank you for the inspiring words!! I will definitely keep it in mind

I've added all of you, btw!
  • aparks1177
    aparks1177 Posts: 63
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! This is an awesome place to start your journey. This is just my 4th week here and it has already helped me more than anything I've ever tried. I feel accepted here and everyone here pretty much knows how each of us feels and understands what were going through. You'll do great!!!
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    welcome and goos luck with your journey - we are all here for you!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    See, this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about! You ladies are so amazing & beautiful!! :heart:

-Paula