Counting Calories

Options
Has counting calories been effective for anybody here? I'm trying to get in my groove of finding what works best for me and wanted to hear what's worked for others.

Replies

• SapphireMoon23
    SapphireMoon23 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Has counting calories been effective for anybody here? I'm trying to get in my groove of finding what works best for me and wanted to hear what's worked for others.

This calorie counting has definitely been working for me. I had to tweak alot of things along the way. Seeing a nutrients & reading books by Dr Neal Barnard helped me.
    I am interested in new mfp friends. Here's my info from my mfp blog.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/sapphiremoon23/view/weightloss-strategies-914220 Would like your input.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options

As someone who has been actively logging for nearly 5 months now, yes, it is highly effective, and I think 99% of the members on MFP will agree with me. The principle is simple - but if it works is up to you sticking with the plan! Good luck!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Definitely. Visit the success stories section of the community and prepare to be amazed.
    Visit the maintainers section and build confidence that keeping a food diary is not some fad or short term fix.
  • zaragozav49
    zaragozav49 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys! I've been trying to come in BELOW my alloted calories lately.
  • Sha1911
    Sha1911 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yes definitely, if you keep a deficit of 500 calories a day, you should lose 1 pound of fat a week.