5'2 anyone?

Options

Replies

• mjboswell
    mjboswell Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and at 128, my body fat % is about 29%. More than a number on the scale I'd like to get my BF % to 25% or less. I'm guessing that will put my weight at about 110 to 115. Oh I have 5 kids and I definately know about the wide hips. I'm currently doing Insanity and hope that gets me well on my way to my goal.
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2 and would like to be down to 110. I'm stuck at 133. Down 25 pounds from the baby 7 months ago so I'm trying to look at the positive.

I agree it is very hard to stay motivated when you aren't seeing the scale move much, if at all.

I think it depends a lot on your frame. My daughter is just a few inches taller but has a medium build to my small and she's the same weight I am currently and looks great. I still look pregnant lol.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Wow that is amazing! How did you do it, I know probably diet and exercise lol but was there anything else that really helped you?

Reading down a bit I would like to state I have 19 % bodyfat,would really like it to be 18.

Some quick tips:
    - Start to listen to your body,eat if your hungry. Don't eat if your not (even if it means having calories left over),over time you will begin to understand what macronutrients affect you in certain ways too.
    - Try to calorie cycle, losing the last 5-20 pounds is the hardest-DON"T LET YOUR BODY GET INTO A ROUTINE
    -That being said,don't let your exercise become routine either. In the last 7 months I have walked,swam,done gym workouts (almost every different machine),done classes (yoga,zumba etc),and done at home videos (30 day shred and sparkpeople videos).
    -Keep your water count high and your sodium low
    - If your feeling hungry,but close to your calorie goal try something either high fibre,or high protein to fill you up. Cold glasses of water in the summer,and hot tea in the winter will help with this too.

I don't really know what else your looking for in regards to suggestions,but feel free to ask me specifics.Hope this helped.
  • Henry513
    Henry513 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and at 113.2 and feel happy with that. I have a friend who is 5' and is 115 and is also happy with her weight. I think more important than the weight is the body fat and how you feel in clothes. I am at 21% and that is a good place for me and my friend is at 23% and seems happy. Anywhere between 21-24% is considered a healthy range :) Good luck in your weightloss goals!
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    And strength training! It is so important at this stage,Often we think we have more weight to lose then we really do because we really have more toning to do. NOW is the perfect time to incorporate some strength into your workout!
  • xcbballuver
    xcbballuver Posts: 186
    Options
    5'3". CW= 143 but goal weight is 100 :)
  • Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    5'2 and I can't wait to get into the 130's, I'm currently 154. My first goal is to hit 136 to put me in the healthy range. I started as obese at 195 so it will be amazing to hit that mark! I think my ultimate goal right now is about 120 (with muscle tone!!), but I haven't been there in so long I'll have to see how it feels, maybe I'll go a little more or less :)
  • jalysons
    jalysons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I cannot remember at this point if I am 5'2.5 or 5'3 at this point. Always wish for 5'3. I am STUCK at 129 and would love to be between 115-119
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and at 128, my body fat % is about 29%. More than a number on the scale I'd like to get my BF % to 25% or less. I'm guessing that will put my weight at about 110 to 115. Oh I have 5 kids and I definately know about the wide hips. I'm currently doing Insanity and hope that gets me well on my way to my goal.

I'm wondering how you can be 128lbs and have a body fat % of 29. Are you talking about BMI....or true body fat?
  • tchrnmommy
    tchrnmommy Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Someone asked about ideal weight for hight...here's a good chart

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm
  • cjnolt
    cjnolt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 2" and 52 years old - trying to maintain. My current weight is 122.8 lbs. My goal weight range is 120-125 lbs.
  • mjboswell
    mjboswell Posts: 114 Member
    Options

I'm wondering how you can be 128lbs and have a body fat % of 29. Are you talking about BMI....or true body fat?

That's what my scale says. I've heard they are often incorrect. Why what would you expect it to be? I'm new to this and pretty clueless.
  • SaraWojcik19
    SaraWojcik19 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" also and my weight is around 134-136 depending on the day. Other than when I delivered my son almost 3 years ago, I have never been this heavy. My goal weight is 110-115. However, the number really doesn't matter to me as much as my satisfaction with the appearance of my body. I don't care if I weigh 105 or 125 as long as I am happy with what I see in the mirror. Right now I am not happy with my mirror. I realize that my issues is not exercising, it is eating. I eat for comfort and unfortunately I have seen my weight slowly go up and up and up lately. I had lost 7 pounds when working out with a trainer and I got down to 122.....then I an out of money and stopped weighing and couting everything I ate and it all came back.

I noticed today, what I thought was actually a decent eating day....that I ate double my sodium! and to tpo that off, I am still hungry at almost midnight.

How do you guys reduce your sodium? What do you normally eat? I am having such a hard time getting a grip on eating!!!
  • Maggie612
    Maggie612 Posts: 8
    Options
    I am 5'2" and at 154.6 right now. I am working towards 125. That is the weight I was at when I had my last battle with anxiety. I was comfortable with myself and confident for once in my life {once the anxiety was under control}. Sometimes I wish I would have another attack because it would be so much easier to lose the weight, but I really don't want to feel like that again. I am working really hard right now and trying to focus on how I feel rather than how I look.
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    5'2" been maintaing for over a year now, between 134-132. I have a wide/large frame and was told by my Dr. that going any lower isn't necessary. Of course, I'm a perfectionist and would love to get down to 120's...just to see the number :wink: , but that would require major changes to my current routine. I know I'm able to maintain this, so I'll be content and realistic, and keep the curves my Husband loves :)
  • got2bfitmom
    got2bfitmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    im 5'2 and currently weigh 163 and I want to get down in the 115-120
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 2" . My weight is much higher than most of you...but I working on it. My goal right now is to get to Twoderville. (It's like Onederland just a little bigger lol!!) So close I can't wait! It's been almost 10 years since I was under 300 lbs!
  • watrmlon
    watrmlon Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and I've been at goal before and it was very hard to maintain under 125. S0 that's wgat I'm shooting for this time.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and have been stuck around 147 for a while now. I started at 167 post-baby. I took a week off from calorie counting last week and seem to be moving along again now after upping my calories by 200 and limiting dairy to only breakfast. The first 20lbs was a breeze but now it looks like I have to work-work.. sigh. lol. My goal is 120-125. I have a tiny frame but I'm pretty hippy and carry most of my weight in my thighs/butt. Sigh.
  • pickulz76
    pickulz76 Posts: 41
    Options
    I am 5' 1.5' ( tp be exact) and at 145 pounds...came down to 142 and gained it back. So still see sawing right now. Just want to get down to 118 or so!
    Still new at recording calories, eating excercise calories etc...so a lot to learn!