Almost quit INSANITY!

Options
pauljsolie
pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
I just finished day 8 of INSANITY. Yesterday was my off day and I did some light elliptical work, not even 15 minutes. Today I was making every excuse to not continue with my workouts. I really like the Cardio Power & Resistance routine but I was totally unmotivated to do it. I was scheduled to do it at 4:30 and I didn't start until 7:00pm. I told myself it's too late, you won't get any sleep tonight. I'm off tomorrow and I still try to rationalize why I should'nt do it. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME??? I love doing these routines but even now after finishing it, my attitude hasn't changed much, well maybe alittle since I'm venting right now. I probably should have posted this BEFORE for encouragement but WTF, I'm 51 years old and I still need someone to tell me "OK now Paulie, it's time to brush your teeth, comb your hair (what's left), and do your exercises. WHEN AM I EVER GOING TO GROW UP??? The thing is I knew this was going to happen. This is my M.O. with practically everything I do. Why does this have to be a constant struggle. Well I'm done with the routine and I'm done with my rant. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Be brutally honest. What do you see in me that you maybe have conquered in your own life, cuz one of these days I'm afraid I'll take the day off and never get started again. Thanks for listening.

Paul

Replies

• TruckinTheLBSoff
    Options
    "OK now Paulie, it's time to brush your teeth, comb your hair (what's left), and do your damn INSANITY"

If my fat butt can do it so can you. You got this....as Shawn T says........DIG DEEPER!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on my friend...I HATE WITH A PASSION doing Pure Cardio. That crap is hard as heck for me but I still do it and so can you.
  • caresshudson
    caresshudson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ur doing better than me! I did day one and stopped!! I'm gonna try again tonight to start again!! So maybe it can be you n me Paulie!! (fighting our way through it)
  • 4KidFather
    4KidFather Posts: 134
    Options
    Most people struggle on a 'program', but that's just life. We're not designed to be super intense for 60 days - however!!!!
    We're not designed to be inactive and overfat either. These short programs can help quickly change things for the better.
    WHY are you doing INSANITY? Figure this out and you'll get your workouts in?
    I have 4 (soon 5) kids. I want as much teaching/learning time to help them as possible. That's my why.
    Get after it!
  • sandyn2
    sandyn2 Posts: 8
    Options
    Take it one day at a time. The times when I quit are times when I think too long-term (i.e. am I really going to stick to this for months, years like I need to). Just commit to doing your exercise and eating right today. Then wake up in the morning and focus on the day again.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    almost every day i think i dont want to do this i dont want to do this.. but then my scorpio stubburness comes out.
    i think that pure stubborness is the onlything keeping me at it.

but i tell you what when i am finished, soaking wet, can barely breath ,can barely walk. i can say dammit I DID IT
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Son, I am dissapoint...
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I did the exact same thing once before when I was on Weight Watchers. It just became too easy to say "tomorrow" or "we'll just eat out tonight because I don't feel like cooking". I have to say that it's my biggest fear, staying motivated. Do you have anyone that can be your motivator? I would say MFP pals can help too, but if you decide not to log on, MFP pals won't do you much good.

Sorry you're feeling down and hope you can turn it around. Just a question, have you ever stopped to analyze the situation and see if you may be purposely sabotaging?
  • sarahazen
    sarahazen Posts: 34
    Options
    I have completed one round of INSANITY last winter and am now enjoying my summer exercise outdoors. DO NOT QUIT! First of all if it's your day off from INSANITY....take the damn day off don't do other stuff. Let your body rest and recover. Is this your first round of it or have you finished it before?

1. If you don't feel like doing it do it anyway....just tell yourself that you won't go all out. You'll prolly be going all out before you know it.

2. Did you ever think about what you really like about that one work out? If I remember right that is the one that seems to be "different" not so repitious....maybe I'm wrong. I can't remember. Figure out why you like that one.

3. DON'T QUIT! It won't make you feel any better...sometimes things just suck but you gotta do them anyway. Be glad you have teeth to brush and hair to comb and that you are able to have this day to do something with your life and your body.

Okay now I'm done. I'm actually a nice person, but my tummy is rumbly and it can make me a bit punchy. I am nothing if I'm not honest!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    well, you have more motivation than some because you've gone through a week! and it looks like you lost some weight, now why would you want to throw that away just because you don't "feel like it." best thing i learned about this weight-loss journey, there will always be a problem with two choices: complain/do nothing, or solve the issue and keep going. good luck w/ insanity.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Whats your inner motivation? Find it. Embrace it. Incorporate it in all you do. You can conquer this Insanity battle!
  • pauljsolie
    Options
    This is my first round of Insanity. Thanks everyone for your comments. ESPECIALLY hyenagirl, you don't know how much that toucched me.
  • pauljsolie
    Options

2. Did you ever think about what you really like about that one work out? If I remember right that is the one that seems to be "different" not so repitious....maybe I'm wrong. I can't remember. Figure out why you like that one.
    Hmmmmm...you've given me an idea. Maybe when/if I'm in this funk again, I'll pull out the routine that I especially like, even if it isn't the one scheduled. At least I'd be doing something. This one is my favorite so far. Thanks!!!!
  • jkcools
    jkcools Posts: 66
    Options
    Just keep pushing, anything worth having in life, you have to work for it. Just don't give up, starting over is the worst.
  • pauljsolie
    Options
    Sorry you're feeling down and hope you can turn it around. Just a question, have you ever stopped to analyze the situation and see if you may be purposely sabotaging?
    Oh yeah, I have a cognitive disorder with rampant thoughts of overgeneralization. I guess I've answered my own question. It's always going to be a struggle.
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    Give yourself a little credit here. Not only did you realize you didn't really wanna get off your *kitten* and do your routine, but you actually did finally nudge those cheeks off the couch and get it done. That counts because you didn't slack and not do it.

It is disappointing to know one of your motivators and friends is wimping out and being a baby, but seriously you are human. You vented and asked for help, so that counts too.

I agree that you should pick the one you like the best and do it on the days you just don't feel like movin that *kitten* off the couch. You can do this. Feel free to holler when you get like this again and I am happy to give you a stern DIG DEEPER and GIMME ALL YOU GOT.... It's what friends are for.

Most of all, though, you recognize your shortcomings and managed to power one through it anyway. Way to go.
  • greenscrapcat
    Options
    HEY, you woke up crabby today! Put on your big boy boxers and deal with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE GOING TO DO THIS!

WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS!
  • pauljsolie
    Options
    LOL, that's for sure, nothing like being AN HOUR LATE FOR WORK to start your day off right!!!
  • Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day your not always going to be motivated and sometimes you need that kick shoot me a message Im here to help you out! You better not quit or Ill be on a plane in no time knocking on your front door! Now get your a@# in gear and push play tomorrow hit it harder than ever and do it for almost giving up today!

Ron
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I am in week 3 right now of Insanity and as your body gets stronger and starts to get comfortable with the workouts you will be itching to do it each day.

Just stay with it and keep going!! Good luck!!
  • Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    I am in week 3 right now of Insanity and as your body gets stronger and starts to get comfortable with the workouts you will be itching to do it each day.

Just stay with it and keep going!! Good luck!!
    exactly you will start to see your body changing and love it listen to Shaun T and SMILE BECAUSE YOU LOVE IT!!! lol