Husband says have a cheat day once a week.....REALLY ?

Options
124»

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    I subscribe to the "everything in moderation" philosophy. I don't cheat because I haven't cut anything out. Worked for my weight-loss and works in maintenance too, for me. There are so many negative psychological connotations with "cheating" that it can affect how we see the food we eat in an emotional way that just doesn't need to be there.

If I want it, I figure out how to make it fit or modify the recipe so it works for me.

Your hubby's obviously reacting to something with his prayer. Talk to him about what his concerns are, if you haven't already.

That wouldn't work for me. One of my favorite indulgences is 3000 cals easily. It would have to be the only thing I ate for 2 days.
  • sarahbrett903
    sarahbrett903 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have a non diet day once a week.
    While I don't go crazy but maybe a cake instead of lunch and perhaps a couple of glasses of wine in the evening.
    It works for me I have been doing this for one year and have lost 4st 2lbs.
    I still log what I eat on the non diet day .
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Friday I was over my limit by ~ 1900 calories, so ~ 900 over a deficit. And I enjoyed myself immensely. It was St Paddy's day and I like Guinness. It's all logged and the only issue came Saturday when I got under 2000 steps and couldn't close my day as I was under 1500 calories.
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    i have a button on my bedside table that i press every sunday night to reset my metabolism.

Does it also reset it according to daylight savings time so your evening calories don't turn directly to fat when your sleep pattern changes?

unfortunately, no. i'm waiting for version 1.003.2 that should fix that issue.
  • lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    i have a button on my bedside table that i press every sunday night to reset my metabolism.

Does it also reset it according to daylight savings time so your evening calories don't turn directly to fat when your sleep pattern changes?

And what if you change time zones for traveling????
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

And what if you change time zones for traveling????

It hurts to even think about it. :weary:

4nc2aj7wzrr5.jpeg
  • FoxyMars25
    FoxyMars25 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I typically have one "cheat" meal a week where I go out to dinner and order what I want (even if the calories are higher than I should be eating) and drink more wine than I should as well. I log everything but sometimes I have to guess because I don't take my food scale to the restaurant and not every restaurant has their calories listed. I try to overestimate and I definitely go over maintenance that day. However, I bank calories all week in order to allow for this which is pretty easy for me because I tend to eat a lot less during the work week and I workout every day. I have my goal set to lose .5 lb per week and have lost 4.5 lbs since the beginning of February so I am on track. I hate how slow this is going BUT I have to do it this way because this is what is sustainable for me. I don't have the "cheat" meal to reset my metabolism, I do it because it helps mentally and I get right back on track after that one meal. Everybody is different and may not be able to do this, but it works very well for me and may work for others.
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    When I cheat:

kcdwo7oh7os6.jpg

Love this!
  • andrewq6100
    andrewq6100 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Yeah I used to do "cheat day" but then it turned into a cheat tradition lol, now I just have a refeed every 2 weeks or so.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I have read that a cheat meal a week is good. It has an effect on thyroid levels.

No...it doesn't.