Fitbit calories

Options
Hello. I have a question about syncing a Fitbit to MFP. Anyone that uses a Fitbit with MFP, do you actually enter workouts into MFP? Even though it is synced with Fitbit and MFP already includes your steps? For example, if I was allotted 500 calories for 7,000 steps, do I also add a 30 min workout as an exercise? Aren't my calories burned already credited for the workout as steps? Advice is appreciated.

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    It depends. If you are using a hrm and doing steady state cardio, you might feel like your HRM count is more accurate than your fitbit count. In that case, if you log the calories burned and enter the times, it replaces that section of your fitbit count and does not double count it, so you are good to go.

Another reason to enter exercise calories is if you are doing something that fitbit doesn't count very well like non-pedestrian activities like rowing, biking, riding a motorcycle, driving a car, etc. For those types of things, you might want to replace with what you think might be more accurate. I went on a road trip once and because of the way I was sitting (I guess) and the vibration of the car it said I burned like 3000 calories...

So, I guess, the point is, you will not double count, so replace the timeframe if you think it is inaccurate for some reason.
  • boothekm1
    boothekm1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I use my fitbit to log steps only....if i do a HIIT workout or anything, I take my fitbit off and log it manually. That's just my preference. I also set my activity level to sedentary so I can count my steps at work.
  • Sstarks
    Sstarks Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @boothekm1 what do you log your HIIT workout as?