Feeling Unwell - advice needed

Options
I need a bit of advice. I was really really sick this weekend, and I haven't really wanted to eat much the last few days because my appetite is just not there.

I'm feeling really crummy though and think my electrolytes may be out of wack. Everything that would help (for example bananas) just doesn't seem appealing. I know there is sports drinks too but most contain mainly sodium.

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Have you considered an Ensure-type meal replacement drink?
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    The amount of sodium in a Gatorade is only like 5% of your daily value, that's not really "mainly sodium." It's also not something you necessarily have to avoid unless you have a medical condition or are going way over on it.

But if you're really feeling bad I'd suggest seeing a doctor.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    It will take time to heal. It's not been long. Just rest and eat what you can. Your body needs energy to recover. If you not eaten properly that could be a cause too.
  • Tazzie0208
    Tazzie0208 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    have you gone to your family doctor??
  • reachingforarainbow
    reachingforarainbow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I have not yet been to my doctor, so maybe a visit in order soon. I guess it only has been a few days so maybe it'll sort itself out
  • jbirdgreen
    jbirdgreen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    See your dr., but coconut water could help. Or almond milk.
  • Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Try clear liquids, like warm chicken or beef broth, fruit juice without pulp, tea or pedialyte to get some nutrition without actually having to eat anything solid.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I've done hot Jell-O when I've been sick, and do the full calorie one since you are not eating anything else.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I've done hot Jell-O when I've been sick, and do the full calorie one since you are not eating anything else.

Oh, man! My grandma used to do this for us. Brings back memories!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Pedialyte
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options

Oh, man! My grandma used to do this for us. Brings back memories!

I used to get strep throat all the time when I was a kid, it was easy to swallow when your throat hurt that much. And it always had to be raspberry or apricot.
  • sher12342017
    sher12342017 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ground up cucumber in water lots and lots of it it keeps you hydrated and replenish vitamins in your body
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Ground up cucumber in water lots and lots of it it keeps you hydrated and replenish vitamins in your body

Cucumber is pretty low in most vitamins (the exception would be vitamin K).
  • sher12342017
    sher12342017 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's true but it really does help
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    Pedialyte

This is what you should be drinking if you think your electrolytes are low.