Feeling guilty!!

Options
So usually when I am over my calories and what not I will exercise to equal it out. (I only have time to do this in the evening.) Today I ate over my everything and I REALLY do not feel like doing anything but laying on the couch!! (BTW this week is my "special week":sad: .) I feel very guilty about this but REALLY do not feel like doing anything!! Does anyone have any advice on this?? I guess what I am asking is, should I feel guilty and should I just go ahead and get off my lazy butt and do it!!
Any help will be appreciated :happy:

Replies

• tim_jennings
    tim_jennings Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it is ok to take a day off. But I know this about myself: I never regret working out, but I sometimes regret not working out. I always feel better after a workout and never feel guilty. So when it comes down to it, I just have to be honest with myself and figure out how I want to feel about it. Once I do that, I feel no guilt regardless of which choice I made.
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    this week is my special week to and im over also today but just couldnt bring myself to workout anymore. i kinda feel guilty but just decided to put it aside and do better tomorrow. this week is always so hard for me uggh
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow hasn't been touched, so don't feel guilty. Its ok to take off for a day.
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    I say "that time of the month" is going to come back month after month, us girls just have to work through it sometimes. If you are not cramping and in pain get off the couch and do something. I force myself to get my workouts during that time of the month. Get out and walk or do some pilates if you are uncomfortable. You may find that you feel better after a little stint of cardio or stretches! Good luck girl! ~Corina
    Here's to being a woman!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I say "that time of the month" is going to come back month after month, us girls just have to work through it sometimes. If you are not cramping and in pain get off the couch and do something. I force myself to get my workouts during that time of the month. Get out and walk or do some pilates if you are uncomfortable. You may find that you feel better after a little stint of cardio or stretches! Good luck girl! ~Corina
    Here's to being a woman!

CHEERS!
  • VRoseDuda
    VRoseDuda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have never ever ate bad one day and woke up with a visibly fatter *kitten*. Sometimes the rest is what our body actually needs. My special time will be here in about 24 hours (ohhh... can hardly wait) but I tend to indulge a little but then lose my appetite when I have it. It will all equal out.
  • janiececreasy
    janiececreasy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Don't beat ourself up....Just do better tomorrow. Once in a while is not going to ruin everything. It is when you over eat or over indulge on a regular basis! Hope this helps!
  • kimberly130
    kimberly130 Posts: 166
    Options
    dont feel guilty but you may feel better if you take a quick walk around the block. I know that special present each month is soooo not fun! Try calling a friend on a cell and walk and talk (if you cant get anyone to go w/u) it helps pass the time. Or just chill and take the day off, and double time tomorrow!
  • jluthersw
    jluthersw Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have never ever ate bad one day and woke up with a visibly fatter *kitten*.
    This made me giggle :laugh:
    Thanks all of you for the help!! My husband tells me that he will make me work hard tomorrow to make up for it, but let me rest today :smile: I feel better about this now!
  • VRoseDuda
    VRoseDuda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I always visualize in what I like to call "cartoon world"...ya know, like "a moment on the lips, forever on the hips" or "you'll turn in to a cheese puff" It gets me through and brings me back to reality :)
    But now, you have exhausted this excuse...tomorrow is fresh