Is anyone on 1200 calories a day?

Options
I've set my weightless goal and it's given me a 1200 calorie goal. Is anyone else on the same amount of calories? And what do you typically eat?

Replies

• anna32aries
    anna32aries Posts: 52 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm at 1200 I may go over just a little some days. Example:
    Breakfast: 1 egg + 1/4 cup egg whites scrambled with veggies, ryvita cracker with laughing cow cheese
    Snack: 1/2 cup cottage cheese
    Lunch: today I made a veggie bean Indian curry with a little 0% greek yogurt and cilantro paste
    Snack: protein shake
    Dinner: eggplant lasagna home made
    If I'm still wanting something I make a green tea.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Yes I am set to 1200. I eats lot of raw veggies for volume and drink lots of water. Most important thing is to make your calories count so grilled chicken, turkey, lean pork, and seafood are great options. Eggs are another main source of good protein for few calories. A great meal is a couple of eggs scrambled with spinach and mushrooms.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Any reason it's so low? Are you very short? Is your weekly weighloss target too high? Do you only have a small amount to lose? 1200 is doable but you'll get burnt out pretty quick. Generally you reduce calories per day as you lose weight, you have nowhere to go from 1200.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP, can you share your stats:
    height
    weight
    goal weight
    rate of loss selected
    activity level selected
    typical exercise routine/frequency?

Also, adorable baby in your profile picture! Are you by any chance nursing? Depending on the answers to many of these questions, it may be that 1200 calories isn't enough for you. Regardless, please understand that 1200 is a NET calorie goal, so that if you exercise, you are meant to eat back at least a portion of those calories.
  • belindagreenberg
    belindagreenberg Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am - I eat lots of stir frys, soups or salads for lunch, crumpets or banana pancakes for breakfast xx
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I am at 1200 and occasionally eat some exercise cals if I'm super hungry or eating out for special occasion. My diary is open, but be warned that I am boring, monotonous, and don't eat terribly 'clean'. Add me if you'd like. Btw I'm 34, 5'0, 30-40lbs left to lose.SW 152 CW 144.4 GW 105-115 (ask me again at 115 what my goal is ;) )
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    1200 here, too. A couple eggs for breakfast (140) sometimes with bacon (70). Snack - Protein bar and or shake (190/160 - total 350) very filling. Dinner - fish/pork/chicken with veggies (400-500 max). Green apple - 100.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    The 1200 it gives you is the net calories you should aim for. So if you do some exercise you can add it and eat more. My net is 1200 too but I burn an additional 200 on average so I eat around 1400.

I eat basically everything. Tonight I had a huge homemade veggie burger for dinner with some fries. Total around 600cals :smile:
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1200 on average. Honestly, my food changes consistently. For breakfast though, I love oatmeal with fruit. Sometimes I'll add bacon to it.

I've recently changed my food again to make sure I eat lots of protein. I wish I could explain better, but my diary is open if you want to check it out
  • 1991lexi
    1991lexi Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200...i found It easier to step my way down so I recorded for a few days then reduced to 1800 then 1600 then 1400 then 1200 spending a couple of days on each...ive found that my general activity (have pedometer in watch) increases me up to around 1400-1600 daily anyway...and I'm fairly inactive (weekends I'm lucky If I hit 6 -7000 steps a day...weekdays I usually hit around 7-8000 steps) I think my diary is open so feel free to take a look/add me.