Ready to take control

Options
I am so ready to gain control of my weight. I decided to try this again instead of the Gastric bypass surgery. I hope this will work.

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    It works if you make it work. Yes it does require daily logging of food, but that's any weight loss plan. Have a reasonable deficit. Set MFP to 1-2 pounds loss per week. Choose which ever calorie goal is appropriate for you and what you think you can stick to. Weigh your food with a digital scale and log everything you consume. Move as much as possible. The more you move the more calories you burn. Have patience. Some weeks you lose more than others and some weeks you don't lose at all. Just don't give up! Bypass surgery is great, but you still have to modify your eating habits.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    ssheets32 wrote: »
    I am so ready to gain control of my weight. I decided to try this again instead of the Gastric bypass surgery. I hope this will work.

Gaining control is great. I have control over mine now and I'm​ happy.
    But!
    Easy does it!
    Stay away from perfectionist thoughts and expectations. If you want yourself to be 100% compliant to the control measures, you might find it impossible.
    Just take it easy. Take breaks if you need. Anything that can help you stay here for the long run. Because it is a very long run.
    So easy does it :smile:
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    hello ready to help u please add me every one
  • vblair77
    vblair77 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I'm also trying a route other than surgery and I'm actually seeing results! My doctor gave me surgery as an option but I just want to give it a real HONEST effort. I feel like if we want this bad enough we can do it. Just take it one day at a time, one meal at a time :-)
  • fubarfornow
    fubarfornow Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I was faced with the same choice in December 2015, and I have lost about 83 pounds in that time. I haven't lost it as quickly as I would have with surgery, but I am happy to have avoided the pain, and the expense of surgery. This isn't to say that the surgery is evil or wrong or bad, but it is just a choice I would prefer not to have to make. I still have a lot to learn, and hanging out on the forums has really helped me. The other thing that was essential for *me* was working with someone to deal with my emotional eating issues. YMMV, of course, but if you think you may be eating for reasons other than hunger, working through it will help you stay on track with MFP and a sustainable way of eating. Good luck and I hope I see you all around in the forums.