Needing Advice

Options
Is there anyone out there that is and has been working over nights that has had success with losing weight? I went to nights in August and my health and weight loss progress has been downhill ever since. I'm trying to find out how people are logging and is it working. please help.

Replies

• QuestToLose
    QuestToLose Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I currently work night shifts. Started in August as well. :) I have lost 25 pounds since December. I meal prep on Sundays so during the night shift, I log all the foods I plan to eat for the day, depending on what I have prepped. When there are calories left over, I eat whatever I have (only if I'm hungry) that fits into my left-over calories during my nights of work.

That may not be what you're looking for but it works for me. I just make sure everything I eat for the whole day, starting from night, does not exceed 1600 calories.
  • dice80
    dice80 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    That does help thank you. I'm just finding that when I get home, I just feel so famished and feel like I have to eat everything in sight. I'm working with a therapist because it might be binge eating, but it might also be thirst. It's just really frustrating because I lost 125 pounds on dayshift and now it's creeping back on and quickly.
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I log my stuff within a 24 hour basis. 7am to 7am so my food & exercise diary for 3/21, for example, is covered between 7am 3/21 to 7am 3/22. My diary is open if you want an example or something.

I choose 7am because that's when I return home from the gym and sleep. If I eat after 7am, I would count that as part of 3/22's breakfast or snack. That would also include what I would eat for "breakfast" when I wake up at 5pm on 3/22 so Breakfast or Snacks end up being my biggest "meals"

I also try to plan to eat a lot of low cal foods so I don't feel like I'm starving. I'm constantly eating throughout the night, so, depending on your work you may have to adjust how much you eat and when while staying under your goals.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I work two jobs and do university part time. I can be at work/awake anywhere between 4am and 1:30am. The trick is to treat the nights/weird hours exactly like you would the days. Plan your meals, eat when you need to and use all the tricks that work during the day. It was hard for me as one day I would be up at 4am, the next would be 8:30am so it made routines hard and I just had to eat when hungry.
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    3rd shifter for about a year and a half now. I find that I do best eating a meal around 4pm, and then maybe around 11 or midnight, and then I'm not hungry. But you need to find what works for you. I log from midnight to midnight. My log is open if you'd like to see how I have my times set up. Trying to get your sleep adjusted is super hard and doesn't help. It took me over a year until I could sleep more than 3-4 hours without meds.