All Natural Peanut Butter

Options

Replies

• believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I like maranatha peanut butter and almond butter.
  • aprylkemper
    aprylkemper Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    No contest. Peanut Butter & Co. - they have an amazing line of Peanut butters: White Chocolate Wonderful, Dark Chocolate Dreams, Bee's Knees, Mighty Maple, Cinnamon Raisin Swirl. Careful though, they are so good you will probably end up eating it from the jar.
  • jchester71
    jchester71 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hey, I live right next to a Trader Joes... I will check them out! Thanks!
    [/quote

TJ's also has good almond butter, both raw and roasted. And sometimes they carry cashew-macadamia butter that is incredible. If you have an Italian specialty store near you try pistachio cream!
  • giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    Options
    I've bought Jif and Skippy Natural. I like Jif better.
    I'm such a Jifaholic!
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    if you are near a whole foods, they actually have a machine where you can grind the peanut butter yourself. Can't get more natural or fresh than that!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Smuckers all natural. It is not nearly as sweet as say Jif, but it does not have a bunch of junk in it either.
  • tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    Options
    Pb2!!! :)
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I've been looking for some recommendations on this too. Thanks for asking the question. So many to choose from. I tried a natural peanut butter before and it was just awful. I've been reluctant to waste money on another bottle again without knowing for sure it will taste good.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    For Aussies:
    Sanitarium is good and cheap

Otherwise, I go to my local health food store that has the all natural unbranded stuff. As natural as you can get. Soooo good.

Tried almond butter the other day. Not bad but twice the price as PB and I eat at least a tub a week :tongue:
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    No contest. Peanut Butter & Co. - they have an amazing line of Peanut butters: White Chocolate Wonderful, Dark Chocolate Dreams, Bee's Knees, Mighty Maple, Cinnamon Raisin Swirl. Careful though, they are so good you will probably end up eating it from the jar.

I have to agree! And this girlie was the one that got me HOOKED on Peanut Butter & Co ;-) I started with the White Chocolate Wonderful and now I *love* the Bee's Knees ---try it with a Fuji apple --- your taste buds will thank me ;-P

I tried the Marantha and was NOT impressed....bleh!
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I like the Teddie natural peanut butter. Its got a bit of grit, but I love the taste. Skippy natural is also really good, especially if you like a very smooth, traditional peanut butter.
  • Qhoney24
    Qhoney24 Posts: 31
    Options
    I just brought a different kind of peanut butter because i throw that in everything.. But it is Chocolate Halzelnut Butter ( All Natural).. with 7g of sugar in 2 tbsp. Hope that helps
  • brown_eyed_girl_06
    Options
    Smuckers natural peanut butter. All it is is peanuts and salt. It isn't as sweet as normal peanut butters, but I only do peanut butter with toast and a banana on top, so the banana takes care of the sugar.

That is what we use also...I have a problem with the texture difference though :( Other than that it is pretty good. I like that it really tastes like peanuts unlike other peanut butters.
  • DawniesLife
    DawniesLife Posts: 157
    Options
    I really like PB2, it is powdered peanut butter and comes in regular and chocolate. Both are 45 calories for 2 tablespoons. And both need mixed with water. Three ingredients: roasted peanuts, salt, sugar. Full nutrition info here: http://bellplantation.com/nutrition
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I find this thread very interesting. Apparently my definition of "all natural peanut butter" varies quite considerably from the norm. For me, "all natural peanut butter" is peanut butter that is made with one thing: peanuts. While some of the fancier/popular PB's (like PB & CO and even Skippy) use the "natural" label - I don't consider them natural since they have added oils, salt, sugars, etc. ::Shrugs:: to each his own. I've just found that after going to *truly* natural PB, I have no desire to go back. I just want to encourage people to challenge the "natural" label on foods - which is unregulated in the US. Just because something says it is natural, doesn't mean that it really is. Companies will call something natural, even if the processing used has virtually rendered it completely unnatural (like white/refined sugar).
  • runner328
    runner328 Posts: 174
    Options
    I find this thread very interesting. Apparently my definition of "all natural peanut butter" varies quite considerably from the norm. For me, "all natural peanut butter" is peanut butter that is made with one thing: peanuts. While some of the fancier/popular PB's (like PB & CO and even Skippy) use the "natural" label - I don't consider them natural since they have added oils, salt, sugars, etc. ::Shrugs:: to each his own. I've just found that after going to *truly* natural PB, I have no desire to go back. I just want to encourage people to challenge the "natural" label on foods - which is unregulated in the US. Just because something says it is natural, doesn't mean that it really is. Companies will call something natural, even if the processing used has virtually rendered it completely unnatural (like white/refined sugar).

Maranatha peanut butter: dry roasted peanuts, organic palm oil, organic evaporated cane juice, sea salt.

Total Carb. 8g 3%

Dietary Fiber 2g 9%

Sugars 3g

These are all natural . She was looking for something low in sugar. Not no sugar. I can stand nut butter w/ no sugar. Though I know people who enjoy them.
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I've bought Jif and Skippy Natural. I like Jif better.
    I'm such a Jifaholic!

I secong that!!!:tongue:
  • aray379
    aray379 Posts: 131
    Options
    I use Skippy or Jiffy All natural. I do prefer the "real" natural peanutbutters at health food stores but storing them in the fridge and dealing with the extreme oil seperation annoys me. Although, I heard that if you put the peanut butter jar upside down in the fridge it helps with the oil.
  • Johnsweaver
    Johnsweaver Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's has some great and inexpensive (under $2) PB. No added sugar. Only ingredient is peanuts...well salt too if you get the salted variety.

We find if you keep it at room temp until opened, thoroughly mix at first use and then refrigerate, it doesn't separate. Storing it upside down until the first use is helpful.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's has some great and inexpensive (under $2) PB. No added sugar. Only ingredient is peanuts...well salt too if you get the salted variety.

We find if you keep it at room temp until opened, thoroughly mix at first use and then refrigerate, it doesn't separate. Storing it upside down until the first use is helpful.

I love TJs almond butters! They have a crunchy version and it's awesome! I buy almond butter when I can find it for a good price otherwise I use Smuckers Natural. I have having to stir but I also don't like the added sugars and oils. I actually made my own almond butter a couple of months ago in my food processor. That's probably the cheapest way to do it but I have a hard time finding almonds in large quantities.