REI's dividends are in.

Options
I got $110 - what about you?

Replies

• denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I only got $32.65; enough for some new flip flops for summer. My LBS really eats into my REI spending.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    $58, and I only shop at REI once a year (don't have them where I live).
  • kristinann308
    kristinann308 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    $46.00, but we just bought a house and forgot to change our address until today - thank for the reminder! Hopefully they will reissue the check to us!
  • idlecrush
    idlecrush Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    0.00 - Oh well, I only shopped there once.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    $46.00, but we just bought a house and forgot to change our address until today - thank for the reminder! Hopefully they will reissue the check to us!

It's not a check, it's store credit. If you don't spend it after some time (6 months? 12?) they'll cut you a check. But this year's dividends have just been issued so it isn't cash money for anybody yet; you're not missing anything.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Don't have mine yet. It should be better than usual, but less than $110. Makes me curious what you bought this year, must have been a fun year!

We've been waiting for the dividend to buy raincovers for our packs & maybe a few other things before our trip.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

You can earn dividends shopping online too. That used to be the only way to shop at REI unless you were from or visiting Seattle.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    You made me go check the mail! Usually it's minimal because I'm cheap, but our oldest went on an Outward Bound expedition last summer and we splurged a little.

$117!
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

You can earn dividends shopping online too. That used to be the only way to shop at REI unless you were from or visiting Seattle.

I know... I just don't typically buy gear I can't touch/try/fit first.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

They will actually keep track of them in the store for you, so you don't actually need to have anything physical to use them as store credit.

Ours was only $32 this year. Our REI rewards are directly proportional to the amount of travel (i.e hiking, camping, kayaking, etc) we do. Last year we got a new puppy, so we stayed home a lot more than usual. Now that she is a year old and learning to behave, I am hoping to take her along and our REI rewards will be through the roof (or woof)!
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    $26.64. I usually buy from the outlet/garage online (they don't pay dividends on those items). I don't like paying full price for gear unless it is out of necessity. That said this is a nice little perk.
  • NorthCascades
    Options
    Don't have mine yet. It should be better than usual, but less than $110. Makes me curious what you bought this year, must have been a fun year!

We've been waiting for the dividend to buy raincovers for our packs & maybe a few other things before our trip.

Not sure. It'd be really cool if they made a list of all your purchases available to you. No big purchases (tent, etc) this year from them.
  • Rhody_Hoosier
    Rhody_Hoosier Posts: 688 Member
    Options

Not sure. It'd be really cool if they made a list of all your purchases available to you. No big purchases (tent, etc) this year from them.

They do make a list. It's in the online account. Under "My Account" there is a sub category called "Purchase History".

My purchase history goes back itemized on an annual basis to 2011.
  • WhitneyDurham777
    WhitneyDurham777 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm embarrassed about how much my rebate is this year. But I sure did have fun shopping. I think I will get me a new running watch.
  • caitlinj406
    caitlinj406 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Only $16 but I usually shop at REI if I can't find something used or if it needs to be new. I got my dividend last week and already I picked up a new backpacking pillow that I hope will make me much happier on the trail.
  • ronocnikral
    ronocnikral Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    idlecrush wrote: »
    0.00 - Oh well, I only shopped there once.

ME too, I hardly ever buy anything full price and have access to a few 'pro' deals, so there is no reason for me to shop there.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    $1.48.

As I get older, I have fewer reasons to shop there. I have been a member since 1972. (Member #418302). Don't know if anyone here can top that!

I did buy a full-priced shirt in February before my trip to Guatemala, so the dividend should be at least triple next year.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    $78 which will be new hiking boots for my son who is 13 and all of the sudden fits in none of his shoes.
  • kristinann308
    kristinann308 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »

They will actually keep track of them in the store for you, so you don't actually need to have anything physical to use them as store credit.

Ours was only $32 this year. Our REI rewards are directly proportional to the amount of travel (i.e hiking, camping, kayaking, etc) we do. Last year we got a new puppy, so we stayed home a lot more than usual. Now that she is a year old and learning to behave, I am hoping to take her along and our REI rewards will be through the roof (or woof)!

Good thing! Just hoping the person who lives in the apartment now doesn't use it :-)
  • NorthCascades
    Options
    Only $16 but I usually shop at REI if I can't find something used or if it needs to be new. I got my dividend last week and already I picked up a new backpacking pillow that I hope will make me much happier on the trail.

Which one did you get? Have you tried it at home? What do you think (if so)?