Am I just not eating enough?

Options
Hi I've been going the gym now lifting on and off (mainly on) for about 2 years, I try to go atleast three times a week and I also run twice a week around 10-12 miles. I'm 76kg but I feel like my body is sort of skinny fat, I'd say I've been fairly active for a while now and my body would have more definition to it.

My diet is pretty good, everyday I'll have two eggs poached or boiled with whole meal toast in a morning, a chicken salad wrap for lunch and a meat with sweet potato or rice for dinner. I also try to keep alcohol to one day a week aswell.

I'm not after a full visible six pack look but just abit more definition? Any advice would be grand.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale to weigh and log everything? Do you use a proven progressive lifting program?

Start there.
  • SaintSmithy
    SaintSmithy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi quik, don't weigh my food but I did try and log as accurate as I could. As for lifting, I mainly just target a couple of muscles each day, 3 sets of 10 reps and so on.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Hi quik, don't weigh my food but I did try and log as accurate as I could. As for lifting, I mainly just target a couple of muscles each day, 3 sets of 10 reps and so on.

See my answer above, then.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    In my experience, when I wanted more definition that meant - building muscle. I ate a little more, and lifted as heavy as I could on a program. I started with Body Beast dvd and then joined a gym. I now follow strength training programs from bodybuilding.com - I add the programs to my calendar and each day shows me exactly what exercise to do which day and suggest reps to complete. I would suggest investing in a food scale to have a more accurate measure on how much you are eating. I am terrible at guessing how many ounces of meat I am eating.