Fertility Diet??

Options
Anyone losing weight so they can get preggers?? What are you doing to help your fertility?

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    When I first started in June 2013, my goal was to lose weight in order to be able to try for my 2nd child. I wasn't getting my periods at all. I'd go months and months without one. As I lost weight, my periods started to come, and with increased regularity. Since I weighed everyday, I began to see patterns in my weight fluctuations and could actually tell when I was ovulating based on water retention. I lost 56 lbs (which had been my goal) by May 2014 and got pregnant with my 2nd child.

I didn't do anything specific except to just lose weight and exercise.
  • kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I also lost weight to get pregnant with my second I only lost 25ish pounds and got pregnancy Jan 2014 I didn't do anything specific either so lost weight because my periods were also irregular the 3 months prior to me becoming pregnant I was regular each month I also took a prenatal vitamin regularly about 6 months prior to getting pregnant
  • bmrooney
    bmrooney Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Anyone losing weight so they can get preggers?? What are you doing to help your fertility?

I am just had last consultation with infertility Dr. wont start any procedures until weight loss and vitals are low, I also have PCOS
  • 24clouds
    24clouds Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Met form I really helps. Talk to dr. It's given to non diabetics who have pcos to help with insulin resistance and helps with weight loss. It also made me super fertile and I fell pregnant with ds 2 at 112kg with no issue
  • 24clouds
    Options
    Metformin
  • 24clouds
    Options
    It's not a slimming drug or anything.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Hmmm interesting ...