Why do

Options
Just gorged on sugary sweets after eating dinner. I ate a cupcake and cinnabon because it was there I wasn't even hunger but I was out of control why do I do this. I feel like such a sugar addict. Honestly the cake was too rich I kept eating even though it didnt taste that good. I am freaking now kinda wanna make myself throw up but I can't. Go running ugg this sucks.

Replies

• bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Just gorged on sugary sweets after eating dinner. I ate a cupcake and cinnabon because it was there I wasn't even hunger but I was out of control why do I do this. I feel like such a sugar addict. Honestly the cake was too rich I kept eating even though it didnt taste that good. I am freaking now kinda wanna make myself throw up but I can't. Go running ugg this sucks.

This is where logging in your food diary will really come in handy. Use your notes area to also write down how you were feeling at the time. If you don't feel like sharing those thoughts with anyone else, jot them down in a personal journal. It's all about learning and addressing your triggers. Triggers could be loneliness, boredom, stress, anger... anything really. Once you know what those triggers are, they may be easier to avoid in the future. Chin up, we all have our bad days. Just start fresh again tomorrow! This is a long journey that will take us through life. One day is not going to undo everything you've worked for up to now. :)
  • Mybetterme
    Mybetterme Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    The only trigger was I wanted it and it was there and i didnt wanna space it out to tomorrow cause i didnt wanna mess up both days is that weird?
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! I've been doing that a lot lately - and have ALWAYS been in a mind-set that if I just eat ALL of whatever is around - it won't be there tomorrow to tempt me - instead of perhaps dividing it up into more reasonable sized portions to have over a span of several days. Case in point ~ my mom made cinnamon rolls and brought them over because I was watching a couple of my cousins kids and they look forward to them when they're over. After feeding myself, my 2 cousins, my 2 neighbors and their daughter (each of us having 1), I had 3 cinnamon rolls left. I ate one "before" dinner ~ then instead of eating dinner ~ though I really wasn't hungry ~ I grabbed another cinnamon roll and then looked at the 3rd and said to myself ~ "you don't really want that around tomorrow, so you might as well just grab it too and be done with it". So I ate all 3 ~ I sure did! And though it wasn't there on the counter the next day to tempt me ~ it was still there!! I'm struggling to take control of those inner demons too ~ so accept what you did tonight ~ and move on ~ and just try to make better choices tomorrow.
  • Alaranio
    Alaranio Posts: 75
    Options
    My 3 favorite options:

1. Sugar free jello mousse

2. Skinny cow everthing ( but mostly ice cream treats)

3. Sweetened green tea. And I don't mean the Arizona bottled variety!

You won't kick your self in the a** afterwards and they'll satisfy. As for tonight. Work out and drink lots of water!
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    My mom is terrible for making cookies, cupcakes etc and then giving it all to me to take home so she won't eat it.
    I finally put my foot down and told her NO MORE.

My favorite sweet treats are:

1) Arctic Zero ice cream (150 calories for the whole pint, fat free, ok for lactose intolerant people, tasty and full of protein)

2) 100 calorie packs of cookies (I only eat just one, not sure where this will power came from, but I allow myself one)

3) tea sweetened with stevia.

When I do indulge, I drink lots of water and work out extra. I forgive myself and get back on the horse the next day. It didn't take me a day to get this overweight, and I know it won't come off in a day. This is a total change in lifestyle and there are definitely bumps in the road.

I also really try to remember that the first bite is the one that satisfies the desire for that taste in my mouth... the rest of the bites all taste the same and serve no purpose other than to binge through whatever emotional issue I am having. Doesn't always work, but works more now than it ever did.

Logging in the food helps keep me honest because my diary is open to my friends. They look at it, too. I get comments about what I eat. Keeps me accountable knowing there are others who are seeing what I stuff my face with.

Tomorrow is another day. Start fresh and forgive yourself.
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I love sweet freedom crunch bars they have 100 calories or I keep a bar of dark choco in the freezer and have a little piece and I keep all other sweets out of the house well until recently my hubby got some regular ice cream but I wasn't tempted because I have my own. I think the key is to keep low calorie sweets so that you can have a little something when you want it. Everything in moderation.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I get 100 calorie treats like the 100 calorie cadbury thins... they are so yummy, chocolate bars and satisfy that sweet tooth.

My husband walked through the door with a kit kat and its sitting on our kitchen counter, I'm not even tempted. We'll let our boys have it tomorrow... when I was not dedicated I would have grabbed it and devoured it because "it's here". I have to make a serious effort and find alternatives. You can do it!! :) Just need to find that middle ground where you do not feel like you are depriving yourself so you can stop the gorging!
  • Mybetterme
    Options
    It was just one of those days when I went crazy I do that it isn about hunger its about everything I havent been able to have as much as I think I want now that I had it I realize it wasnt all that good or worth it I have all the skinny cows and stuff like that all the diet stuff but I didn't want diet stuff today at least tahts what I thought but I was wrong. The binge wasnt worth it. I have learned my lesson.
  • lbgano
    lbgano Posts: 234
    Options
    You know, just saying...it's okay to just throw that stuff away. I've done it. My mom is always bringing sweets over for my kids, but after they have each had one, the rest gets mysteriously dumped in the garbage. I don't need it, and they don't need it either.

Sometimes coffee grounds get mysteriously dumped on top of the sweets in the garbage...just to be sure!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    When I was in 6th grade, we weren't given any candy except one cookie per day. I remember feeling really sick and going to the hospital...I ate a candy bar in the waiting room and felt better o__O

Fast forward to last year, 3rd year of college: I gorged on around 3,000 calories of sweets daily.

I know how you feel about sugar is my point haha. Cinnabon is my true love xD

It's okay to have one of those days every once and a while. Don't kick yourself over it. :)
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    I use to do that, and still have tendancies during work...thankfully calorie counting seems to have made me think twice before eating anything.

Try chewing gum if it's just the action of eating that you want that might help :o)
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I used to do that waaaaayyyyy to often. However, for the last two weeks I went cold turkey and decided to cut out sweet drinks from my diet. Having drank only water for the last two weeks, my cravings for sweet things and other things. are almost completely elimated. No idea what the relation was but it worked! Also chugging water after giving in to a craving keeps me from going back for seconds or thirds.
  • curiousmissclay
    Options
    This happens to me alot and im trying to stop myself its literally for me like a crazy obsession that i need something sugary/cakey/bad for me right now and i can hardly control myself lol i would even eat sugar straight from the bag with a spoon just to get rid of the sugar rage lol

its gonna be one step at a time but im glad im not alone. x
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Frankly, resisting a cinnabon is an unreasonable goal. We're only human.
  • Mybetterme
    Options
    Lol! We are only human. Feeling better today. Thanks guys. One day at a time. I am learning a lot about myself through tracking daily and having this forum. Back on track today.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who has quite a sugar addiction. Just one bite, and the cravings become really intense. I don't know how to handle it except to just quit cold turkey.