Clingy

Options
13»

Replies

• BrinaBecnel
    BrinaBecnel Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    iDad74 wrote: »
    clingy is fun for like a week. then....not so much. I'd say be clear and affirmative. and in this day and age, I'd do it electronically so there's a record. I know most of the replies are sarcastic, but i've seen clingy turn into crazy so you need to set boundaries early on.

Clingy is never fun, but I've also had it turn very serious very quickly which is why I try to stop it before it even starts.
  • BrinaBecnel
    BrinaBecnel Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    happimess1 wrote: »
    Cause space was just a word made up by someone who's afraid to get too...
    close,
    ooh Oh, so close

Is anyone else singing that^ right now or is it just me

I do like that song :D
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    I literally can't stand clingy people. I need my space! How do you nicely ask someone to back tf off?! :D

So... What are you trying to tell me...?
    :D
  • From_Within_
    From_Within_ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Tell them straight out, be clear. And remind them again when they start to get clingy. Clearly state your boundaries in your relationship if that hasn't been done. For example, 'I consider you a friend, I don't want more, I am here for you but you seem be getting clingy, I'd like more space, otherwise you're going to push me away completely.' Some people need it crystal clear. Or go with what the guy said at the beginning.. let it happen organically
    The bottom line is honesty and communication. I think too many people today are afraid to hurt people's feelings- but letting a relationship drag out because you're afraid to just tell them is ugh