Do you eat what you want?

Options

Replies

• CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Yes, daily.
    But not in the quantity I used to (or still really want.) Try to maintain my macro % & calories, eat fruit & veg, and will squeak something yummy in daily
  • Wolfger
    Wolfger Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want, but adjust what I want to fit my goals... :wink: So I still have pizza for dinner sometimes, but I aim for the thin crust, and the lower calorie toppings (ham instead of pepperoni, jalepeno instead of bacon). I still drink beer, but 0-2 bottles per night instead of 1-4. Some things are right out. The "Bacon King" meal from Burger King, for example. The sandwich alone is more than half my daily calories! To think I used to have that and a large fry for just one meal on a fairly frequent basis... no wonder my weight got out of control! I do miss it, though.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    To an extent. I do have treats pretty much every day, but I have to stay very active to be able to fit them in if I don't want to be starving all the time. I wish that 'what I want to eat' was always meat and veggies, but unfortunately that's pretty much rarely the case, lol.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I just ate chocolate for breakfast...carbs for squats.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Pretty much, yeah. There's some things that I can't eat a lot of, whether due to calorie counts or because I'm more likely to eat too much of them, but in general I eat whatever I feel like.

One of the main differences between eating what I want now and eating what I wanted when I first started out has been that I'm more likely to make my own (low-cal version) sweets and that I add a ton of veggies to everything. Like, I'm more inclined to have a salad with my pizza, or include salsa rather than ranch dressing with my snacks, or have more veggies than noodles in my spaghetti, stuff like that.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Yes. Everyday. I fit it into my calories, and plan for it.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I am making French Toast right now because I want.

I have been trained to regulate my diet very carefully (to manage diabetes now in remission) and old habits die hard. I will have my French toast with cottage cheese (protein) and fruit (micronutrients and fiber).

How much I eat will decide if I gain or lose.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Yes

Disclaimer: I do not mean that I eat junk food every meal.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm not losing right now (I'm working on some emotional/mental stuff around food that I feel is more important), but when I was I still ate what I wanted within my calorie goal. I lost 60 pounds in seven months back in 2013 eating what I wanted, and I lost 25 pounds a few months ago doing the same thing.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    I ate what I wanted to eat all day today, and I'll finish it off with a piece of toast and honey in a little while. :)
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    I do,but no longer cook some dishes that are so high in calories.That is because one dish meals don't appeal.The only thing I divide into zip locks is chips.One fits my macros.......two would,but prefer having a good dinner & snack if I want.Almost never eat back exercise calories,but know ppl who do.We are all different & need to find what works for you,never mind what works for me.
  • KassLea22
    KassLea22 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I consider those junk food items treats, so I don't eat them every day. But I've always been that way I guess.
  • Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want, otherwise what would be the point.

The things and amounts I want to eat have changed significantly within the last year, though.
  • rainymorning84
    rainymorning84 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. I try to save it for the days when I'm home with my family.
  • southernoregongrape
    southernoregongrape Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I do have to limit fruit or I would eat it all day long in excess.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Yeah, generally speaking I do.

There are certainly times when I know I can't moderate certain foods, so I'll cut them out completely for those few days/weekend/whatever. But by in large, I find ways to work the foods I like/want into my days. I know that I can't have a bacon cheeseburger AND pizza AND oreos all on the same day, so what I want often gets spread out over the course of the week.