Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Comiccon. Or a Trek convention.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    So, I'm not a guy either but you had to know with a title like that nosy girls like me would want to get our opinions in
    • I believe a birthday is a persons "special" day so I would ask him what he wants to do - his choice for all activities that whole day, 24 hour of his choice about everything you do or don't do.
    • Included obviously all his favourite foods, snacks, drinks, and do bake the cake (his favourite of course)...sweet gesture!

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's so much the gesture as the thought. My wife can make my day just by putting hers hands on either side of my face and kissing me as we pass in the kitchen or hallway.
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,145 Member
    Options
    Plan a romantic evening....dinner, and plenty of playtime....OK, dinner might not be necessary....
  • Blubberbuster1
    Blubberbuster1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    What does he like to do? Is there anything he used to love to do like a hobby or something that he hasn't done in a long time because life gets in the way? we tend to have a routine day in day out because of work. And breaking that routine especially with something he loves to do would be a great gesture.
    Would be my perfect day, go fishing, long drives to no where pretty much anything that breaks my work week routine.
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Get him something related to any of his hobbies or interests, something that shows you pay attention to what he likes.
  • blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I like the cake idea. It would make my day. Its about the thought/ time and love you put in it. Im sure he would be very thankfull
  • AbsurdParadigm
    AbsurdParadigm Posts: 7 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Do something different that he doesn't expect. Don't do the same old boring stuff.

Or... Just give him a steak.
  • kassierodriguez1
    kassierodriguez1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas.
  • Blubberbuster1
    Blubberbuster1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Sorry, nosy female here LOL!!

Since you said he likes to play video games, try playing with him! I'm sure he'll get a good laugh and appreciate that you are trying to do something with him that he likes.

Hit the nail there!
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    When he comes home, greet him at the door wearing only clear saran wrap stretched around your body.

That should do it.

Makes a cute outfit. :) Not sure why he didn't like it. :/
    https://youtu.be/ADMAw7UKLsg
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Since you said he likes to play video games, try playing with him! I'm sure he'll get a good laugh and appreciate that you are trying to do something with him that he likes.

I am not a guy but if it were my guy I would do this along with getting daughter a playdate. That way you two can play games uninterrupted and hey if it leads to other games well so much the better.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    For me it's the quality of the time we spend together that counts. My daughter is grown and gone, so that's easy. Find a way to spend a day or two without yours. Then find a way to really communicate. For us it usually involves a secluded walk...a winter beach, a park off the beaten track, a hike in a state park...a weekend at the shore is always conducive, something about the ocean.

A long walk, a really good meal out somewhere, some alone time...

You'll figure it out...
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Let him play video games all day.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

It doesn't work like that. Ain't no gamer got time for noobs. ;)
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Dear posters,

Please keep in mind the MFP guidelines, specifically:

17. No Profane, Vulgar, or Sexually Explicit Language

No explicit, sexual, insulting or vulgar content including expletives, or sexual innuendo, will be permitted. Publicly visible text on MyFitnessPal should be work-place friendly.

Lets move forward focusing on other ideas please.

Best regards,

4legs