REI's dividends are in.

2»

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Pathetic!!! 11.40!!! What happened this year???
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Don't have mine yet. It should be better than usual, but less than $110. Makes me curious what you bought this year, must have been a fun year!

We've been waiting for the dividend to buy raincovers for our packs & maybe a few other things before our trip.

I had no idea until @fidycixer pointed it out that I could check. They don't have much data for me from last year though, the only thing it looks like I bought was a pair of sunglasses. I buy a lot of Nuun tablets, too, those are like Gatoraid but they're about 5 kCal each. I sweat a lot on the bike and they're an electrolyte replacement. God, I sound boring.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    $5.17 here. Since having kids we haven't backpacked at all, and we camp less often. But we did buy a kid-sized sleeping bag and pad last year.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    DH and I got right around $400.
    We put almost everything on our REI visa (and pay it in full each month).
    DH is planning to get a Tomtom tracker of some type; I need to browse the website and see what I want to spend my half on.
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Man, ours was a little over $3 lol I do think we will be getting some more camping and hiking gear this year though so next year will likely be more
  • caitlinj406
    caitlinj406 Posts: 35 Member
    Only $16 but I usually shop at REI if I can't find something used or if it needs to be new. I got my dividend last week and already I picked up a new backpacking pillow that I hope will make me much happier on the trail.

Which one did you get? Have you tried it at home? What do you think (if so)?
    One of the foam filled Thermarest ones. I know it's heavier than the inflatable ones but I need a real pillow. Folded up it's a little bigger than a nalgene but I'll gladly skimp somewhere else if it'll help me sleep. Have only used it at home where I love it but am leaving on an overseas trip today where I'll test it on the plane (hopefully).

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Our dividend came in the mail today. $419.11! I think that's the biggest one we've gotten.
    I definitely recommend the REI Mastercard. (Correction; I said visa earlier. It was a visa for years but now an MC.) DH has had it since before we got married 10 years ago. It's such an easy way to earn a fun little shopping spree every year.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    $55
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    $1.85, but I haven't spent there this past year.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    $35.89
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    Only $9.05. Don't need to buy much if anything at REI these days.
  • gamommy
    gamommy Posts: 131 Member
    $130.18! Problem is I don't really know what to get because I have so much gear already.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    dawnna76 wrote: »
    $55

REI dividend twins! ;)
  • NorthCascades
    gamommy wrote: »
    $130.18! Problem is I don't really know what to get because I have so much gear already.

I'm not sure how long it takes, but if you don't spend it, they'll cut you a check.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    About $32...gonna use that and the 20% coupon towards a bear canister. Woohoo! Tough luck, you crafty bears, you can't have my snackies.
  • NorthCascades
    I applied mine towards a Fenix 5X watch. I have a Fenix 3HR and will sell it to help pay for the new one. It has maps!!
  • NorthCascades
    About $32...gonna use that and the 20% coupon towards a bear canister. Woohoo! Tough luck, you crafty bears, you can't have my snackies.

When they're not protecting your food, bear canisters make handy camp chairs. :smile: