Grinds your gears?

Options
LonsyBoy
LonsyBoy Posts: 72 Member
What in the life of fitness/dieting grinds your gears?

Mine is easily the groups of kids at the gym throwing weights and looking for dates :|

Replies

• ConquerAndBloom
    ConquerAndBloom Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    "Cucumbers don't have any calories!"
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    People who absolutely won't let people work in no matter what the exercise is or how long they are resting and people who abuse the equipment to the point of damaging it. That's it.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    People who take illegal supplements
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    People who smell like they've just taken a shower in perfume/deodorant when I'm doing my cardio.
  • rhiawiz57
    rhiawiz57 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    people who freak out after a week of not losing weight. bodies need time to adjust and plateaus are real!
  • KassLea22
    KassLea22 Posts: 112 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm a regular gym-goer and I am pretty laid back. I understand a lot of people are new to the gym and may not know some of the unspoken "rules."

However it drives me crazy when people don't put their stuff away, as in leave free weights laying around. Or when people do their sets right in front of where the weights are so you can't get in and get the ones you need. Or when people sit on the weight training benches to text or to talk with their friends instead of actually using them to work out. But that stuff is more of just an annoyance and not something that I sit around and let bother me. And once some people start going to the gym they learn etiquette and stop doing those things. Everyone is a beginner at one point so I kind of expect that stuff is going to happen anyway.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    When my mum said that I have too much muscle, to the point of, and I quote, "being almost ugly"

People, including my mum, saying that I clearly have an eating disorder because I'm thin and said something about weighing my food. I was at my "ideal" body fat/weight. Bikini pics in my profile, both selfies and beach.

People having no idea what "normal" or "healthy" is or what it looks like.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    People who buy into all the woo about dieting.

Because it reminds of what an idiot I was in the past and how much money I have wasted.