Help!?

Options
Hi
I am currently on a weight loss journey i eat healthy i do as much excersise as possible with a slipped disc in my back but i feel like i am not seeing results! People tell me my face is either slimming down but i cannot see it!? Any advice as to what i could do to improve my journey?? Also does drinking 2 litres of water a day help or will i just retain the water

Replies

• TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking calories or just eating "healthier"? I can put down a lot of calories in food I feel like is healthy;)
  • samirah_jade
    samirah_jade Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am not trying to keeping track of the calories i am eating...would that help if i set a daily amount of calories to eat?
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am not trying to keeping track of the calories i am eating...would that help if i set a daily amount of calories to eat?

Weight loss happens when you burn more calories than you consume.

Changing what you eat but eating the same number of calories won't result in weight loss. So you might consider setting a daily calorie limit (MFP will help you with that), and then tracking what you are eating to be sure you are staying within that limit.
  • samirah_jade
    samirah_jade Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi

Changing what you eat but eating the same number of calories won't result in weight loss. So you might consider setting a daily calorie limit (MFP will help you with that), and then tracking what you are eating to be sure you are staying within that limit.

Thank you very much for that, i will try to set myself a daily goal what do you think would be the best amount of calorie intake to start on?
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Hi

Thank you very much for that, i will try to set myself a daily goal what do you think would be the best amount of calorie intake to start on?

As @rosebarnalice said, MFP will help you with that. Set up a fitness profile, give it your stats and activity level, tell it how fast you want to lose weight (1 lb/week is good for most overweight people) and then eat the calories it tells you do. Measure your calories by weighing what you eat and logging it in MFP. If you get any exercise log that too; it will result in you being able to eat a little more and still lose.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    The simplest way to set a daily goal is to input height, weight and age etc into mfp and pick a goal to lose per week. I recommend you don't set it too aggressively as it will make it harder to stick to. For example if you only want to lose 10-20lbs set it to 0.25-0.5lbs loss per week. Eat that amount of calories and you should lose.

Other recommendations:
    Use a food scale to measure portion sizes for accuracy
    Be critical of which entries in the database to use (compare to packaging and or use usda entries)
    Only eat back 50-75% of exercise calories to account for over estimations in the data base/from the machines used/ tracker used.

Edited to say: staying well hydrated should help with water retention but don't force down water for the sake of it, use your pee as a guide, light straw coloured is what you are aiming for, dark yellow is not enough water, clear means too much.
  • Ayalaandrew8899
    Ayalaandrew8899 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is right on the money with diet and weight loss. Justmake sure you're in a caloric deficit to what your maintenance calories are. If you don't know what your maintenance calories are then you could look up calculators to help you calculate that. After finding that out them start your diet plan and have good fat, care and protein ratios. Too much of fats or carbs could make you retain more water or become bloated and too little of anything isn't so good either so do research the beat ratios for yourself and your goals. I hope that helps.
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I have a few medical issues that make it impossible to exercise for days sometimes weeks a time. I agree with the others set up your stats here MFP does what I like to call the hard work (I'm terrible with numbers) and then just follow the plan it has set for you. As long as you eat within your calories and are honest with logging and weigh your portions on a food scale you can see a loss in weight! :) You're going to do great!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is right on the money with diet and weight loss. Justmake sure you're in a caloric deficit to what your maintenance calories are. If you don't know what your maintenance calories are then you could look up calculators to help you calculate that. After finding that out them start your diet plan and have good fat, care and protein ratios. Too much of fats or carbs could make you retain more water or become bloated and too little of anything isn't so good either so do research the beat ratios for yourself and your goals. I hope that helps.

You don't need to know your maintenance calories. MFP does the math for you.
    Eat a nutritious diet consisting of foods you like and regularly need. Hitting the protien and fat goals are more important than hitting your carb goal, but to begin with just log.

Cheers, h.