Full Body

Exercise Sets Reps

Dumbbell Squat 3 6-12
Dumbbell Bench Press 3 6-12
One Arm Dumbbell Row 3 6-12
Standing Dumbbell Curl 3 6-12
Two Arm Seated Dumbbell Extension 3 6-12
Sit Up 3 10-25

Should I do one exercise for 3 sets, before I go for the second, or I can rotate one set of each 3 times ?
Which way is better ?
Thank you.

Replies

• kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    One exercise than move to the next, unless you doing circuit training.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I like to rotate through the muscle groups. It gives them more of a rest, which lets me lift more on the next cycle.
    I would do abs at the end of the workout though, or it could affect your other exercises. :+1:
  • azazel833
    azazel833 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    thats just an example.
  • azazel833
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    I like to rotate through the muscle groups. It gives them more of a rest, which lets me lift more on the next cycle.
    I would do abs at the end of the workout though, or it could affect your other exercises. :+1:

Thats my concern.
    Rotating them gives me more rest time and more reps per set, but on other hand doesnt I waste the muscle stimulation?
  • azazel833
    Options
    bump
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I
    azazel833 wrote: »
    Cherimoose wrote: »

Thats my concern.
    Rotating them gives me more rest time and more reps per set, but on other hand doesnt I waste the muscle stimulation?

Muscle stimulation as in you're trying to induce hypertrophy? Yes it has been shown that a 30-90s rest period is the best when trying to activate the maximal number of muscle fibres in a muscle group. It would be better for you to find an actual full body program rather than just winging it though. Is muscle growth ultimately your goal? Don't forget a caloric surplus and sufficient protein intake.

• Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »
    One exercise than move to the next, unless you doing circuit training.

I agree with this. I have ALWAYS done one lift, all sets, then moved on to the next lift, always doing the bigger muscle groups first & leaving the smaller muscles e.g. Biceps & Triceps last.
  • azazel833
    Options
    My goal so far is to loose fat.
    Lost 11kg so far for two months (127-116), but when I get closer to my goal - 90, I wona do some muscle growth.
    Been on 1500-1800 kals with 130-150g protein a day.
    So far Im trying to get stronger, starting from very weak physique.
    Got bench, set of 14kg dumbels, purple and green resistance band.
    Wish me luck :)

P.S. Sorry for my English. No native.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    azazel833 wrote: »

To gain strength, the work done during the set is what matters most, and you can lift more weight with a longer rest.
    But for a newbie whose goal is fat loss, it doesn't matter which method you choose - the difference won't be large.

Your routine looks fine, but i would add shoulder presses and lunges, and replace the crunches with the ab wheel or boxing. :+1:
  • azazel833
    Options

Your routine looks fine, but i would add shoulder presses and lunges, and replace the crunches with the ab wheel or boxing. :+1:
    [/quote]

That was just an example.
    That is what i gonna try:
    https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-home-or-gym-fullbody-workout.html