Motivation buddies wanted

Options
claudieishere
claudieishere Posts: 2 Member
edited March 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hey! I'm just getting started (I'm almost at the end of week 3) and I'd love to hear how people stay motivated! I had a lot of weight loss in the first 2 weeks (3.5kg) but now I'm worried that I'm not losing nearly as quickly and it's getting harder to resist temptation. 3 weeks has always been the fail mark for all my diets so I'm hoping this time I can make it over the hump. My biggest struggle is portion control - Anyone have any tips or tricks they would suggest to stay on track?

Replies

• Tylerman35
    Tylerman35 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I always keep a water bottle with me and drink ten cups a day along with a protein shake or two. Umm, I pack a healthy snack to take to work (I work at a tavern and could get free food) and just resist the temptation to eat out. I pass so many food places on my way home from work and it's soooo hard to not stop. But it's been almost three weeks of me eating healthy and I almost kicked the habit. I took a drink of pop yesterday for the first time in three weeks and hated the taste! I'm so proud!

I'll shoot you a friend request if that's okay!
  • sarahbelle5150
    sarahbelle5150 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just got back from vacation and I need to get back into my routine and stick with it. It'd be great to find someone to chat back and forth with to share tips, encourage each other and discourage poor decisions. I need accountability!!!
  • shesmartina
    shesmartina Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm doing this all over again, currently on week 2! My motivation is that I'm tired of always starting over and wishing I had that "bikini body"! I'm currently very motivated so if you want we can be friends! :)
  • henrycrib
    henrycrib Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been on here since Jan 2016. I have lost 51 lbs. I was really sick for a long time and gained 100 lbs. I still have 50 to go. You can't do it in a short time. It has to be a life change. I don't eat like a rabbit. I log my meals and I keep track of my steps. Get about 40-50 friends. They will motivate you. It will make you feel good. You will start to be aware of calories you eat and calories you burn. A little progress is motivational and friends are motivating. It gets easier. You will have set backs. It's ok. Just get back to it. Don't quit. Y'all can friend me if you want. I have some great friends that will friend you too. Good luck to you all!!
  • kevinlankford2660
    kevinlankford2660 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Definitely up for some motivational buddies. Had a rough few years but getting back on track and working on my weight loss again.