A MEAL PLAN SITE Help

Hi everyone
I am new to this site . Is there a site where they show you a meal plan to help lose weight
and what kind of snacks do people eat to stay in check for the calories needed to lose
Thank you Diane

Replies

• Blitzia
    Blitzia Posts: 205 Member
    Skinnytaste.com has some good low cal recipes, or you can check the recipe or food forums on MFP. I don't know of any websites with full meal plans, but perhaps some other commenters have suggestions.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    You can look at my diary. A typical day is Greek yogurt, Fiber One cereal and an orange for breakfast.

Lunch is 2-3oz of lean protein like fish or chicken, 100g vef, 100g fruit, a mini bagel and low fat cream cheese.

I have an apple for an afternoon snack each day.

Dinner is 4-5oz meat usually cooked in oil, a serving of rice or potato or bread, another 100g+ veg.

If I have calories left, I will have toast and jam or popcorn or Halo Top for dessert.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I eat the same things I ate before losing weight, just in smaller quantities and less often

I do as well.

Weight loss isn't about specific plans or cutting out foods. It's about calories. If you feel like you need structure, pre-log a day ahead and stick to it.

I like to fill in my protein first, then fibre and fats.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    These suggestions might be helpful:
    http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/10-go-snacks-200-calories/
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited March 2017
    Is there a site where they show you a meal plan to help lose weight
    The net is overflowing with meal plans, but to lose weight you just need to eat less, and keep eating less. Any idiot can create a meal plan that works if you stick to it. The challenge is sticking to it. To be able to stick to a meal plan, it has to not suck. What sucks and doesn't suck, is individual. You are the person who knows yourself best, so you are the person best suited to make a meal plan that you don't think sucks.
    and what kind of snacks do people eat to stay in check for the calories needed to lose
    I don't snack, I eat meals. I eat anything I want, but I do aim for a varied and balanced diet.
  • BonnieDundee78
    BonnieDundee78 Posts: 158 Member
    The whole point of MFP isn't to tell you what to eat. It's here to help you accurately track what you eat so you can create a sensible calorie deficit (CICO!). So the people on here are following all sorts of different "meal plans" (low carb, vegan, etc), but in many cases they are just eating exactly what they've always eaten, but in smaller quantities. No matter what they choose to eat, they lose weight because they actively create a calorie deficit.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I think a great way to start is to simply weigh and track your current intake for a week. Find out how much you are really eating, and discover the calorie bombs in your diet.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    I follow a lot of blogs for ideas. I love Fit Men Cook and Skinnytaste in particular. Not really meal plans but easy and amazing recipes!