Pizza is ruined!

I had my first meat lover's pizza in a while last night. Blech. I can't believe I used to crave this stuff. It was so salty. And greasy.

It's amazing what changing my eating habits at the beginning of the year has done. My taste buds are much pickier now. Pizza is no longer a comfort food. :o

And in the end, I guess that's a good thing.

Has anybody else had a favorite food change for them?

Replies

• BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    For me it's certain types of potato chips.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    This morning I mixed a batch of pizza dough from which my daughters will separate 6 individual dough balls. The recipe called for 14 grams of salt. 14/6 is 2.33333 in each of my pizzas. I treat it as an occasion to drink more water, but I'm not going to quit eating my thin crust Neapolitan pizza several times each week.
  • ShrinkingViolet1982
    ShrinkingViolet1982 Posts: 919 Member
    The thing that truly shocked me calorie-wise that I completely avoid now is Tim Hortons timbits. They're so light and fluffy, it didn't seem like a bad snack. To find out they are 60-80 calories EACH, and I used to eat a 10 pack myself as a snack between meals - I was floored.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    chips. i didn't eat that much before i lost the weight either ,but i can tell the difference now. When i started dieting, i bought a multipack of lots of mini bags of chips. I ate a few here and there but after a while i stopped. Recently i noticed they were close to expiration date so i decided to finish them.They were so freaking salty! I can't believe i hadn't noticed before.
  • strout007
    strout007 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm scared of pizza after i logged it in one day.