Cheat day??

Options
So I've been eating extremely healthy for the past 3 weeks. Completely cut out pop and fast food.

Grandma is taking all of us out to dinner tonight at Bob Evans. Is it okay to eat whatever I want there? Since this is only one or twice a month?

I've been drinking lots of water and no pop.

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Sure, it's only one meal.

I highly doubt you're going to suffer any long last effects from one meal. Weight gain from extra food, carbs, and/or sodium, but that's just water weight and only temporary.

Or, you can find something that fits your calorie goal and not worry whether it's 'healthy' or not. Don't deprive yourself. That generally ends up in failure.

Edited to Add: I just looked at the calorie count and the dinner meals aren't completely unreasonable.

There's tons of lower calorie grilled meat options and even with a side or two, it can be done for under 1000 calories.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    If you ate 3500 calories OVER your daily calorie goal it would amount to 1 lb of weight. My guess is you probably stay, like the rest of us, at or under your current goals anyway so over the next week it'll get absorbed. Weren't you trying to gain muscle in another thread anyway? I say go for it, order lots of protein. ;)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Ya why not, especially if you are trying to gain.. I mean eating wayy over your goal everyday might cause gains to come on too quick but it sounds like you are doing fine.

You should see what I eat on the weekends... or pretty much everyday let's be honest ;)
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd get a salad or something and save my treat meal for something tastier than Bob Evans, but I'm a Bob Evan's hater.
  • Tylerman35
    Tylerman35 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Well bob Evans has some bomb pancakes in thinking about getting. Lol. Once a month I think I can pig out. Ha

Or a bomb burger they have. But pancakes have been sounding good. Haha.
  • Tylerman35
    Options
    If you ate 3500 calories OVER your daily calorie goal it would amount to 1 lb of weight. My guess is you probably stay, like the rest of us, at or under your current goals anyway so over the next week it'll get absorbed. Weren't you trying to gain muscle in another thread anyway? I say go for it, order lots of protein. ;)

You are correct!!! I will have to check out their menu and see what they have. Maybe I won't get pancakes. I think they have steak and fish there also

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Be sure to at least be honest and log whatever you actually end up eating.
  • kristinhowell
    kristinhowell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Definitely! Balance makes the world go round (or something like that, right?).
    Enjoy your meal and your family!
  • Tylerman35
    Options
    Thank you both!! I log everything I eat. I'm not embarrassed. This is a once a month occurrence so maybe I'll get like fish or something and a sundae to satisfy my sweet tooth
  • V_Faery
    V_Faery Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Tylerman35 wrote: »
    Thank you both!! I log everything I eat. I'm not embarrassed. This is a once a month occurrence so maybe I'll get like fish or something and a sundae to satisfy my sweet tooth

Perfect way to swap healthy for some yummy!
  • Tylerman35
    Options
    V_Faery wrote: »
    Tylerman35 wrote: »

Perfect way to swap healthy for some yummy!

Sweet! (See what I did there aha) Now I might workout later after that cause I just got home from work and I am not feeling it right now. Lol

• Tylerman35
    Options
    So I got the pancakes.....and bacon......and some hash browns. But drank a few cups of water AND IM UNDER MY CALORIE GOAL FOR THE DAY!!! Heck yeah!
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to gain muscle you need to be in a surplus so remaining under your calorie goal of its set at a slight surplus or maintenance is for the most part redundant. If you're just starting out, eat whatever you can to put on mass, just wTch that you're not gaining too much fat. You've got tons of noobie gains to take advantage of so definitely get yourself into a surplus
  • Tylerman35
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I was only 20 under my 3,100 calorie goal, so not terrible. But I will remember that for sure..!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    So....if you were under your calorie goal, how was it a "cheat day"? What or who did you cheat on?

Reconsider how you label food - what you ate today wasn't bad or "cheating". It was food. Food that you are unlikely to eat every day, sure, but nothing that is bad in the overall context of your diet. You can still eat fast food and get results, you can still drink pop and get results - just make it fit your goals.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Actually if I am under my goal when I'm bulking I consider that cheating ;)
  • Tylerman35
    Options
    I thought for sure there would be more calories in those pancakes but I was wrong, so I'm good. Ahaha