Alcohol struggles

Options
2»

Replies

• queenbcronen
    queenbcronen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I commend you! Without getting into my big, long story, I was going through a gallon of vodka every 2 1/2 days up until two weeks ago. It is soooo damn hard... I was numbing all kinds of pain that I didn't realize until I went without it.
  • peacemom
    peacemom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I started setting aside the money I would normally spend on alcohol. It added up quickly and I spent it on other things I wouldn't normally buy for myself/house/family. It was a great incentive.
  • Libby283
    Libby283 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I am right here with you.

I too love my alcohol. A glass of wine? No thanks...I will take the entire bottle. I lost tons of weight a few years ago. I let my diet slip and I went back to drinking when I wanted and eating reasonably. I now have all the weight to lose again.

I know I want to keep my wine and beer around. I tried drinking and not eating, but that was a challenge in itself. So now trying to eat very little and cut back on my drinking to make it work.
  • bigmanatee
    bigmanatee Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. It is ironic how much better we feel when we stop but it is so damn hard to do. Good luck! Looking forward to hearing about your success.
  • bellesorrisa
    bellesorrisa Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you are. I hope you've been doing good since the last time you posted. Please feel free to add me if you want any support - I may need some too.