Oh My What A Big

Options
TH2017
TH2017 Posts: 47 Member
Apple you have!!

I have a digital scale that I just started using this week and was surprised to see how much the apple I had weighed and therefore how many calories it contained. I saw the thread about calorie surprises but never peeked at it..and now I cant seem to find it.

But seriously a 200 calorie apple!?!!? :*

Replies

• simmoner4
    simmoner4 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Slice the apple first, you probably won't eat the core?
  • TheRambler
    TheRambler Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    simmoner4 wrote: »

good thinking!!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    simmoner4 wrote: »

.... and I don't eat the skin.
  • TH2017
    Options
    I was supper hungry and ate it after I cored it. :)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I just weigh, eat, weigh whatever is left, subtract from original, log. Much faster than coring and all of that.

Also, when I slice an apple to eat, the only parts that I toss are seeds and stem. The core fibers get nommed upon with the rest of it.
  • Motherofship
    Motherofship Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I just weigh, eat, weigh whatever is left, subtract from original, log. Much faster than coring and all of that.

Also, when I slice an apple to eat, the only parts that I toss are seeds and stem. The core fibers get nommed upon with the rest of it.

Great method for weighing and eating, and I also just ditch the seeds and stem. My favorite parts are the skin and the core fibers (didn't know that's what they're called but the apple sure is especially tasty there!)
  • TH2017
    Options

I will try that for the next one.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    TH2017 wrote: »
    Apple you have!!

I have a digital scale that I just started using this week and was surprised to see how much the apple I had weighed and therefore how many calories it contained. I saw the thread about calorie surprises but never peeked at it..and now I cant seem to find it.

A 200 calorie apple where? Does it weigh like a pound? What kind of apple?
    Sure the database entry is correct?
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    TH2017 wrote: »
    Apple you have!!

A 200 calorie apple where? Does it weigh like a pound? What kind of apple?
    Sure the database entry is correct?

I've had some big *kitten* apples from Costco before. If I had logged them with the core, they probably would have come out as 200 cal.