Losing weight for a trip to Walt Disney World

Options
2»

Replies

• kauto92
    kauto92 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    kauto92 wrote: »
    Workout in the evening. Body deposits any blood fat to recover muscles rather than around your body!
    Read a science paper and put this into action. Results were unbelievably better than me working out in the day!

LOL, no. never heard of such a thing and a study involving one person (that you cannot find the source for) does not count as evidence.

I know what I read and saw.
    The fact this was also placed on a test group and worked So i think means there was something in it.
    If I could find the link I'd happily post it, thank you! Sheesh.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Workout in the evening. Body deposits any blood fat to recover muscles rather than around your body!
    Read a science paper and put this into action. Results were unbelievably better than me working out in the day!

Source?

I've Desperately travelled the internet for it and I can't find the darn thing! They showed it in a documentary aswel. It was used as means to turn people away from "fad dieting" because it showed if you correctly excersied and focused on the right nutrition you could loose more weight than you ever hoped to and be healthy with it. It was fascinating. They span his blood every morning after his breakfast for a month after he exercised the evening before. Then switched it to him exercising in the day and spinning his blood the same time the following day. THe only diet they said that he linked to promoting benefits for people with things such as type 2 diebeties, was the 5:2 diet. Which he voluntary chose to put himself through a following month.
    In the end the result wasn't about weight loss, but more about being healthy and understanding about muscle mass weighing more than the fat we loose. Hence why people turn to fad diet in an effort to ditch weight quickly without doing the excersise.
    Just wish I could find that link for you

I can't even work out what you're talking about with spinning blood and blood fat and exercise timing. And you can't even find a vague article about what you think you saw. I'm going to go with a lot of nope.

Anyway, OP, as others said, calorie deficit for weight loss and get walking to prepare for the mileage at Disney.

I went last year and am going again in three weeks. You will fit on every ride there (unless you're pushing 400lbs) so really the issue will be the walking and heat. Get your fitness up enough and it will be all good. I think I was nearly hitting 30'000 steps on the fuller days.

If you're doing Universal they have more thrill rides which are naturally more weight and size restricted.

But either way, you'll have an awesome time and perhaps if you go again, you could plan a bit further ahead? My weight loss was never about my holidays, just a happy bonus that I didn't have to worry about anything while there size and fitness wise.

Now excuse me while I carry on dreaming of cronuts and Tonga toast.......