Feeling Blue

Options
thistimereally
thistimereally Posts: 74 Member
Ever wake up grumpy for no reason? Distract me, MFP, tell me about your lives!

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    All the time. If it's really bad, I take a couple of minutes to think about all the things I should be happy about, or grateful for. Also, a good way to feel better about life, and ourselves, is to spend time helping someone else. The simple act of making another person smile has amazing benefits! Good luck, and remember, we've ALL been there! Tomorrow is ALWAYS better! xo
  • thistimereally
    Options
    All the time. If it's really bad, I take a couple of minutes to think about all the things I should be happy about, or grateful for. Also, a good way to feel better about life, and ourselves, is to spend time helping someone else. The simple act of making another person smile has amazing benefits! Good luck, and remember, we've ALL been there! Tomorrow is ALWAYS better! xo

Thanks! To be honest I'm kind of laughing at myself for how stir-crazy I'm feeling. My life is pretty amazing and I know it! I'm fortunate enough to have a job that revolves around helping others. Just one of those days where normal life is SO BORING!
  • thistimereally
    Options
    I went to church late and the priest called me out during the sermon. I was standing at the back leaning against the wall. What did I do? I turned 180 degrees and stood for 10 seconds as people were turning to look who it was. Piggy ashamed. But it was funny.

Haha nice! Quick thinking on your feet!
  • JoeCWV
    JoeCWV Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Nope. If she doesn't need to get up I just let her sleep as long as she wants.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I woke up itching to fight this morning. So I had a tiny argument with my spouse, then went downstairs to sulk. After I had some breakfast and coffee, I went and made up with him.

Maybe it's just the season or moon phase?
  • thistimereally
    Options
    JoeCWV wrote: »

Nope. If she doesn't need to get up I just let her sleep as long as she wants.

Haha Joe! I should try that.
  • thistimereally
    Options
    I woke up itching to fight this morning. So I had a tiny argument with my spouse, then went downstairs to sulk. After I had some breakfast and coffee, I went and made up with him.

Maybe it's just the season or moon phase?

That's kind of how I feel too! Wishing my boyfriend and his kids aren't here so I can sulk in peace. The kids asked for my last 100 calorie cookie pack and I gave it to them so I feel like a real martyr haha
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Yea, when I have to wake up extremely early for work in the morning. But, you got to do, what needs to be done.
  • thistimereally
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »
    Yea, when I have to wake up extremely early for work in the morning. But, you got to do, what needs to be done.

I'm joining a gym tomorrow. I will be having to get up at 4 AM to go. A true test of character for me! Haha
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's called coffee. Where is it I need it no one talk to me until I get it. >:)o:)

This
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    This thread reminds me of this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgV1O0X4uXI
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options

Every.
    Damn.
    Day.

But I make the choice to actively make my day better from there.
    Even if I don't really believe it.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Eeyore_3.jpg
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    It's not often that I wake up feeling this way, but I did today.

I just feel frustrated today!

And I hate feeling like this.

You are not alone.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    EDIT: Darn! Two days too late! sorry!

My life today:

I went to the gym this morning and was mad because it was crowded and I felt like a doofus even though I'm getting stronger.

Then I went to Walmart and bought one of those covers that go over your plate so your spaghetti doesn't explode all over the inside of the microwave because my mom and stepdad bought me a microwave for my birthday and I haven't owned a microwave in about ten years, and it's been set up in the kitchen for a few days now and I still haven't used it because what the heck do you use one of these things for anyway?

I'll spend the rest of the day teaching my kids, knitting, catching up on laundry, and reading mfp forums.

I hope you feel better.
  • thistimereally
    Options
    Sara1791 wrote: »
    EDIT: Darn! Two days too late! sorry!

My life today:

I went to the gym this morning and was mad because it was crowded and I felt like a doofus even though I'm getting stronger.

Then I went to Walmart and bought one of those covers that go over your plate so your spaghetti doesn't explode all over the inside of the microwave because my mom and stepdad bought me a microwave for my birthday and I haven't owned a microwave in about ten years, and it's been set up in the kitchen for a few days now and I still haven't used it because what the heck do you use one of these things for anyway?

I'll spend the rest of the day teaching my kids, knitting, catching up on laundry, and reading mfp forums.

I hope you feel better.

Thank you! I feel much better. Its funny because I knew even when I was feeling grumpy that it would only be a temporary thing. I'm generally a happy person which is why its so frustrating when I feel bad for no reason lol.