What event or date is motivating you right now?

Replies

• Sophiareed218
    Sophiareed218 Posts: 145 Member
    for me, it's my birthday. I turn 30 on 9/11 this year, and I don't want to enter my thirties at this weight
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    may 7th is my o e year at this. down just under 7p and really really want to hit 75 lbs down for may
  • jodikime
    jodikime Posts: 2 Member
    Do you have a specific date or event in the future that's motivating you? Do you have a goal for that date?

Mine is my Disney World trip in December 2017. I want pictures in front of the castle without feeling ashamed of how my body looks.

Lol! Me Too! Going in August and celebrating my 40th there! Didn't want to look huge in pictures!
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Going on a short holiday at the end of May and want to be comfortable on the beach.
  • thistimereally
    thistimereally Posts: 74 Member
    Going back to my home state for the first time in over a year plus a cruise! Not sure when yet but I need to remind myself I CAN do it! I dropped almost 40 pounds prettily easily in 6 months just moving out of my mom's house, out of state, and getting a full time job! Now I just need to buckle down for the last 30, 6 months of stasis is more than enough!
  • dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    dorisj717 wrote: »
    My 19 year old son needs another kidney transplant so I'm losing weight so I can donate my kidney.

Wow! Very inspiring. I wish you and your son the best.

Thank you!
  • alexp44
    alexp44 Posts: 28 Member
    My graduation - next year! (I've no intention of quickly trying to drop near 100lbs. Best to be slow, steady and healthy)
    Also the fact that I was struggling to fit into my uniform for placement was an eye opener as to how much weight had snuck on...
  • ma5y
    ma5y Posts: 47 Member
    YES! Thank you for asking. I am planning a vacation out west with friends. The vacation will include LOTS of hiking and physical activity. I have to be in better shape or I slow down the group and impact their fun. This inspires me incredibly, in terms of both nutrition and working out.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    edited March 2017
    A convention I have coming June 30th to July 2nd. Every year for the last 2 years I've been a size smaller, which means 3 new glam dresses. The profile picture is me at one of my midyear conventions this winter. Trying to keep up the trend this year :)
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    My daughter's 2nd birthday is July 7th. I want to be a fit mommy by then.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Going to see one of my favourite bands (Violent Femmes) this week and I'm really exited to wear my new ultra skinny jeans.
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    My uni grad in December :) wanna rock a bodycon dress by then :p
  • glp724
    glp724 Posts: 48 Member
    Nearest goal is my vacation in May. I won't be at goal, but hopefully I'll hit 20 lbs lost by then.
  • wackymrsb
    wackymrsb Posts: 9 Member
    First ever cruise in April 2018!
  • ttodd16
    ttodd16 Posts: 33 Member
    Chaperoning a trip to an amusement park end of May and don't want to be embarrassed by not fitting in a seat.
  • fasterpssycat
    fasterpssycat Posts: 30 Member
    We have a formal wedding in Miami coming up in December. I want to be able to wear a slinky little dress, a cute swimsuit on the beach, and a sexy club dress when we go out at night without feeling like a fat girl trying to hard.