What event or date is motivating you right now?

Options
Do you have a date or event in mind that is motivating you right now? Do you have a goal to reach by then?

Mine is my Disney World trip in December 2017. I want to take pictures in front of the castle with my family without feeling nervous of how my body will look in photos. :)

Replies

• Mermaidtriathlete
    Mermaidtriathlete Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Son's wedding!! Aug 5
  • ProgressNotPerfectionIAmEnough
    Options
    Community College graduation and a trip to the beach in May :)
  • CAMOLOVELADY
    CAMOLOVELADY Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My event date that is my motivation is my wedding. While it is still a little over a year away, I know it is going to take that amount of time and then some to lose the weight I need to lose to fit into my wedding dress.
  • sarahosborne92
    sarahosborne92 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My goal for Disney has been my goal for over a year, as well. I think its important to have realistic goals! Best of luck to you :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    Options
    A cycling event at Easter.

I'm not fussed about losing weight, although I wouldn't mind dropping a few kg, but I'm training. I'm much more concerned about whether or not I'll be fit enough.
  • beemac52014
    beemac52014 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My event just passed with a great trip two weeks ago. I was pretty successful in reaching my goals and now I have to keep motivated without that trip to look forward to. I do feel better and more confident, so I plan to keep up tracking and my workout program for good health overall!
  • Whiteala1
    Whiteala1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm travelling to visit family in July, some of which I haven't seen in years. Everyone is getting together so there will be a ton of photos taken. I want to be confident. I had 4 kids in 4.5yrs and my youngest is currently 8mo old. I want people to think I look good not like ohhh well she let herself go but she has 4kids so it's understandable. I also want to feel comfortable and not squished in the plane seat.
  • GaveYouPower
    GaveYouPower Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Everyday however summer no doubt!
  • ShanMacTell
    ShanMacTell Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My current motivation is Las Vegas September 2017!!
  • Casistrophic
    Casistrophic Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I took a cruise this past December and was so shocked by my appearance that I am too embarrassed to post my vacation photos on Facebook. I have another cruise scheduled for this December—exactly one year away from my first one, and I hope to be down to my previous lowest weight (165) by then.
  • pagey231
    pagey231 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Taupo enduro "320km" and just the feeling of being light and fit ;-)
  • pagey231
    pagey231 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

I'm not fussed about losing weight, although I wouldn't mind dropping a few kg, but I'm training. I'm much more concerned about whether or not I'll be fit enough.

Get yourself a spin trainer ,, Do enough and often the weight will take care of itself ;-)
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I joined an online weight loss bet, so I have targets to meet each month. I thought it would help carry me through towards my goal weight.
  • emmacoxy88
    emmacoxy88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a holiday booked in October and a cruise in feb. I want to be able to look at my holiday pictures without feeling embarrassed
  • amyrooni
    amyrooni Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Two sons graduations within a week of each other this June. Lots of family & friends celebrating. I want to look and feel my best for the festivities!
  • kylerrzz
    kylerrzz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Work conference June 1-3 and it's in Miami, FL. I'm not a big fan of the beach but I want the confidence to be able to take my shirt off anyway which I've never had my entire life even when I was a professional dancer. I danced a lot but didn't eat well and never got the tummy I've wanted since I was old enough to have self confidence. Started working out in January but only got serious about diet and this app very very recently. Fingers crossed!! Anyone that wants to keep me accountable add me! I can do the same for you! :)
  • voldemortisreal
    voldemortisreal Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Application process for a job opportunity.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    Options
    pagey231 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »

Get yourself a spin trainer ,, Do enough and often the weight will take care of itself ;-)

I cycle outside.

So far, in the month of March, I've done two 200 km events, two 100 km rides (one was an event, one was just a ride), and a heap of other shorter rides for a grand total of 976 km of cycling in March ... hoping to get in a 24 km ride before the end of March to round that off to 1000 km. :)

I do have a trainer (fluid trainer), but prefer to use it only on cold, rainy, windy days ... or when it is dark and one of cold, rainy, or windy. DST ends on April 1 and winter is coming, so I'll likely start using it more often for after work rides soon. I've also got my eye on a Monday spinning class which I might start once darkness starts to fall really early.

I've been maintaining my weight for about 18 months now, right in the middle of my normal BMI range. Dropping a few kg might be nice, but isn't really necessary. It's kind of a balancing act between fuelling all the riding I'm doing and trying to eat in a slight deficit. More important is getting that saddle time in.
  • torisean
    torisean Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My trip to Florida at the end if June is my motivation goal.