Looking For Hypothyroidism Friends

Options
13»

Replies

• Kale0209
    Kale0209 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Recently diagnosed after five years of struggles. Looking for friends on here too :) Please add me!
  • Marcieo91
    Marcieo91 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism after my daughter was born. I gained 35 pounds in 1 year. Then had 2 more kids. I'm currently down 21 pounds 54 to go!
  • chachadeb
    chachadeb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Recently diagnosed hypo. Just started taking Nature Throid, working with my naturopath, last month had ultrasound and FNA on goiters. In the process of learning what I can and want to connect with everyone. Feel free to add me. Just want my energy back!
  • leahrgrant
    leahrgrant Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's in 2011. I take cytomel (t3) and synthroid. I am have a hard time losing and keeping it off. Fatigue is a big issue for me as is water retention. I have tried many different approaches nutritionally and am frustrated! I am starting peri-menopause now and it feels more challenging to maintain, never mind lose! I am glad to find this discussion.
  • jamielynn525
    jamielynn525 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been hypothyroid for like 15 years. After having a (surprise) baby at 39 - I haven't felt right since. My levels keep coming back ok, so I did some research and just ordered a thyroid supplement from Zhou for around $20 and have seen a HUGE difference in my energy levels. Now, this may not be for everyone, but I suspected that my thyroid was causing the weight gain, depression, anxiety and just general feeling of being unwell. I still take synthyroid and am doing 1200 calories a day, and have lost almost 3 pounds this week! Best of luck! I know the struggle!
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I'm so very pleased for you, jamielynn. Congratulations on the special delivery too. I think many of us are sold short on the need for supplements like selenium which helps the conversion of t4 to t3, I also do better with a level of iodine in my support system too. All too often we have to think outside the conventional box because much slips past our advisors. We do have to think for ourselves and be careful not to over do things.