Quest bars

Options
cnjg420
cnjg420 Posts: 405 Member
edited March 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Has anyone tried these? Do they fill you up? I'm gonna try one for breakfast tomorrow so I'm hoping it will fill me up until lunch! Any experience

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Yes. No. The new formula is gross, I wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole or waste my calories on them.
  • robynrstiles
    robynrstiles Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I really like the peanut butter supreme quest bars. And yes they are filling
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    They're ridiculously expensive for what they are. $40 for a box of 12?! No thank you. Just buy an oh Henry if you want a tasty snack. They're nothing special and won't give you any sort of extra edge in your weightloss/progression journey
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I eat a crap ton of them. I have been eating a protein bar for breakfast for like 3 years. Definitely hold me over until lunch.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I buy them sometimes with Amazon Subscribe and Save so they're around $21 for a box of 12. I like the chocolate chip cookie dough (best microwaved for about 10 seconds).
    Though I don't like them as much as I used to; not sure if it's the formula change as my own taste changed more recently (but maybe S&S was sending older boxes? Who knows).
  • JustTrackinIt
    JustTrackinIt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The chocolate chip cookie dough is the best one I have tried. Try microwaving it for 5-10 seconds to warm it up it will be softer.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I love them. I agree with microwaving. It makes it taste like dessert.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I used to have one every day for breakfast (not a breakfast person, I just need something I can choke down that'll give me a little energy) but then I found out that Costco makes a duplicate with almost identical macros, way cheaper where I live than Quest.

They're the Kirkland Signature Protein Bars and unfortunately they only come in the cookie dough/brownie flavours, but they are like 1/3-1/4 the price of Quest in my area, taste pretty much the same, and have an almost identical macro profile, so it's no contest.
  • yayamom3
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I used to have one every day for breakfast (not a breakfast person, I just need something I can choke down that'll give me a little energy) but then I found out that Costco makes a duplicate with almost identical macros, way cheaper where I live than Quest.

They're the Kirkland Signature Protein Bars and unfortunately they only come in the cookie dough/brownie flavours, but they are like 1/3-1/4 the price of Quest in my area, taste pretty much the same, and have an almost identical macro profile, so it's no contest.

I had no idea. I think I'll give them a try. Thanks for the info.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I love most of them. Especially in the microwave, or when it gets warm out, just put it on your dash for awhile.
  • yayamom3
    Options
    I tried the Costco Kirkland brand. Yuck! Total waste of money. I'll pay more for a Quest bar any day. There's no comparison.
  • Sassafras106
    Sassafras106 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    They taste fine for a protein bar--nothing to rave about to your friends.
    I couldn't get through a whole one today without feeling full, but of course this morning I was very disinterested in food
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I picked up the cinnamon roll one. I took one bite, and threw the rest away. I think I even spit that out. Not in a hurry to try any others.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Double chocolate chunk and chocolate brownie are the best flavours imo, the others are just meh. Microwaving for 15 seconds is a prerequisite :smiley:

ETA: Against my better judgement, i swayed from my regular flavours and tried the oatmeal chocolate chip the other day. It was nice at first, but then i noticed a slight aftertaste that reminded me of vomit :worried:
  • KuchieJr93
    KuchieJr93 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    They really aren't too bad. A good amount of fiber as well. One a day is optimal.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    cnjg420 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried these? Do they fill you up? I'm gonna try one for breakfast tomorrow so I'm hoping it will fill me up until lunch! Any experience

I used to eat them regularly because I liked the macros, fiber, and how they filled me up. They changed the formula and now they are horrible.
  • Jazznit
    Jazznit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i have the birthday cake one. Nothing to rave about. tastes like a protein bar. keep a stash at my desk and have it when i get hangry.