New Zealand Whey...worth the upgrade?

Options
filbo132
filbo132 Posts: 956 Member
edited March 2017 in Food and Nutrition
I normally order Whey Isolate 4.4lbs from Canadian protein. They also sell the New Zealand Whey Isolate 4.4 lbs, but it cost 10$ more just because all cattle in New Zealand are natural grazers which means all cattle are grass-fed only and are not subjected to any rBST (recombinant bovine somatotropin), hormones, antibiotics, and pesticides. So is 10$ really worth the upgrade or is that simply marketing jumbo mumbo and simply 10$ thrown out the window?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Options
    It may be worth trying once. But then again, I can't even bring myself to buy PEscience because it's $20 / lb, where I tend to get most jugs for $12-15/lb with MP or ON. And I haven't even gotten into any of the other markets crap like what you are talking about.
  • helenwoods468
    helenwoods468 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm from New Zealand and I recently switched to Isagenix which is all made from NZ whey, and I've noticed the difference. If you think about it, a lot of people are very conscious about what they put in their bodies, but we often forget what has been put into the bodies of the animals we use for sustenance. There is absolutely no hype about the purity of our cows and our whey. Give it a go - $10 isn't much for better results, which could mean less time at the gym and more time with friends and family.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi. I'm from New Zealand and I recently switched to Isagenix which is all made from NZ whey, and I've noticed the difference. If you think about it, a lot of people are very conscious about what they put in their bodies, but we often forget what has been put into the bodies of the animals we use for sustenance. There is absolutely no hype about the purity of our cows and our whey. Give it a go - $10 isn't much for better results, which could mean less time at the gym and more time with friends and family.

A whey protein doesnt have that kind of power that would allow for less gym time. What makes a good whey is purity of the product but more importantly the leucine content. Even so, its such a small component of the grand scheme, ita not even funny.
  • Gretasachs89
    Gretasachs89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

A whey protein doesnt have that kind of power that would allow for less gym time. What makes a good whey is purity of the product but more importantly the leucine content. Even so, its such a small component of the grand scheme, ita not even funny.

Isagenix is a great Undenatured Whey Protein with no artificial colours and flavours. It's also packed full with vitamins and minerals. :)
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I personally buy the New Zealand whey concentrate from Canadian protein in 11lb bags for $90 a pop. It's 50% less than regular concentrate in any supplement stores around even after shipping. So I have no problem buying it. 2 scoops a day lasts me well up to 3 months. Not bad If you ask me. It won't make or break your progress, but any extra aminos or lactoferin is nothing Id complain about.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I myself don't have brand loyalty when it comes to whey. I buy whatever is on sale/cheaper. I used to experiment with different brands of whey and price points and I didn't see the more expensive ones to be better.