The Easy Way to Stop Smoking

Options
dlobato1989
dlobato1989 Posts: 36 Member
For those of you who smoke and are wanting to quit I highly recommend:
Allan Carr's book The Easy Way to Stop Smoking....

I read it and have been smoke free for 7 months... And it was just as he said it would be... EASY.

No withdrawls. No weight gain. I can still be around smokers and instead of wanting one I am happy that I dont smoke anymore.. It was the best decision I ever made. His strategy is basically taking away all the brainwashing etc that come with smoking and replacing it with a new insight.

I figured I'd post my success story here in hopes it could help someone else better their health.
Buy the book its like 8 dollars and a couple 100 pages long... Took me like 4 hours to read... He even tells you not to stop smoking until you finished the book. If you buy the book and it doesn't work for you(which it has helped millions) well you lost nothing but if it does you have everything to gain.

Replies

• dlobato1989
    Options
    I have tried other methods before...and they were not easy however with his book it was easy...and many others who have read it say the same thing. Congrats on you 2 for quitting as well.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I quit several times as well ....I quit for 9 months when I was preggo with my daughter but as soon as she was born I started again....nothing helped me kick the habit until I read that awesome book by Alan Carr :)
  • dlobato1989
    Options
    It is such an amazing book! I wish every smoker would just read it. They spend so much money on NRTs and for just like 8 bucks they could read a book and be free.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I saw the price for cigs is going up to 8.00 a pack for name brands and 6.00 for generic brands here is California on April 1st ...that is some crazy *kitten* ..sooooooooo glad I quit
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I quite 10 years ago. At the time, the brand I was smoking was $6 a pack. But they where making my migraines so much worse, so in that sense it was easy to quite.
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm going to look into this. Thanks for posting. Cigarettes here in Chicago are $14 a pack!
  • dlobato1989
    Options
    Thats crazy! I really hope the book works for you!
  • BaddS4
    BaddS4 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I was a pack a day smoker for 30 years... Gave it up a few years back and haven't have one since.. Mind you, I went to vaping.. I still vape but soon that will be finished as well...
  • Windrunner666
    Windrunner666 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So...what is the book about?
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I did the Allen Carr clinic and it's awesome! Best money I've ever spent. I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to quit.
  • dlobato1989
    Options
    He just brainwashes you out of why you think you have to smoke... In all reality there isnt an actual reason why someone has to continue smoking... The book is very repetitive and i think that plays a huge role in getting it to sink in... Then towards the end of the book something just clicks and you become excited about quitting... It was pretty insane i went into reading the book a bit skeptical however i read the reviews and for the most part it helped everyone quit... They all claim something just clicked... When he tells you at the end of the book to smoke your final cigarette i didnt even really want to... But i did and i have never looked back.
  • dlobato1989
    Options
    BaddS4 wrote: »
    I was a pack a day smoker for 30 years... Gave it up a few years back and haven't have one since.. Mind you, I went to vaping.. I still vape but soon that will be finished as well...

He is totally against replacements... And he explains why... I recommend you give the book a read... You wont regret it.
  • EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I just made a post the other day about quitting it's almost been a year for me. Non-smokers unite! Isn't one of the best decisions ever? :)
  • dlobato1989
    Options
    Def the best decision i ever made!
  • dlobato1989
    Options
    Congrats on quitting!
  • eblyth00
    eblyth00 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    BaddS4 wrote: »

He is totally against replacements... And he explains why... I recommend you give the book a read... You wont regret it.

Vaping helps tons of people though. Makes it so easy to switch with a proper setup. I was able to quit with vaping. And kept lowering the nicotine lvl in the juice until it was no nicotine. Now I vape in social setting like bars but I never crave it or need it. I also make my own juices build my own coils and wicks so it only cost me a dollar or less a month.
  • FabianMommy
    FabianMommy Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    11 years smoke free and I believe it was this gentleman who said ' never ever take another puff.' it worked for me!
  • mbosco88m
    mbosco88m Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'll second the recommendation for this book. Over 5 years smoke free now and it was easy. The book takes the dread out of quitting and makes the experience better than I could have expected.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!