Lifestyle Change

Options
My nickname is Denea. I am needing to make a lifestyle change not only for health reasons but for self esteem issues I have as well. I feel like quality of life is being affected and I need to make a change immediately. Problem is, I LOVE food. Great tasting, juicy, flavorful and just plain ole delicious food. I use food for comfort. This is something that I have to stop. I want to look and feel better. All motivation and support would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• rzmzzmfp
    rzmzzmfp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I know what you mean when you say "I LOVE food". It's not easy to get used to new and healthy tastes, even if very flavorful. But eventually, day after day, it'll become your lifestyle. Maybe join the gym, surround yourself with people with your same health goals to create an effective support system. Try out new and beautiful recepies. You're going to own it and reach your body and health goals, I'm convinced by it.
  • Nanoo2013
    Nanoo2013 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What's helped for me is logging those large portions of unhealthy food I like and realizing how I put all this weight back on. Drinking more water, logging as accurately as possible, adding a little bit of exercise goes such a long way!
  • MichellePatte92
    MichellePatte92 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    What has been working for me is slowly phasing out the majority of the bad, but still allowing myself some of it on occasion. Best advice I was ever given was,"Don't cut anything out that you don't plan on giving up forever." It is possible to enjoy the foods you like and still lose weight, you just have to portion and pay attention! Good luck!
  • behappybabe
    behappybabe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I've only been going at this for a little over a week. I LOVE food too, I can easily put back 2500+ calories a day since I never really feel full. But it gets easier once you get in the rountine of things. Drinking a lot of water can help you feel full, it helps me