105 lbs. lost...eating clean, training mean

Options

Replies

• FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Wonderful accomplishment!

I gave up highly processed and simple carbs and added sugar about a year ago...it had a tremendous effect on my weight loss journey here. On rare occasions I'll have a sweet treat, but for the long haul-this is my way of eating.
    Congratulations!
  • JoJosAnatomymfp
    JoJosAnatomymfp Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Amazing well done to you. Great inspiration
  • EthanPierre
    EthanPierre Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank you @JoJosAnatomymfp!! @FitOldMomma keep up the good work. It's a lifelong journey and commitment and I'm proud of you!
  • indy87colts
    indy87colts Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring and I wish I could get the same results as you.... I'm on day 50 and still going.

Thanks for sharing !
  • EthanPierre
    Options
    @indy87colts you are getting there, day by day, don't stop!! Keep going, you're doing good!
  • EthanPierre
    Options
    Quit tip... eliminating carbs for a while and not eating past 6pm is a great way to get over a weight loss plateau. Only ingest fast carbs right after a hard cardio workout.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Thanks- great job- what are fast carbs- are these the ones such as sweets?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Good job, dude! Glad you found what works for you!!
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Well done! And great definition
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Quit tip... eliminating carbs for a while and not eating past 6pm is a great way to get over a weight loss plateau. Only ingest fast carbs right after a hard cardio workout.

Eliminating carbs may make you lose some water weight, which is kind of false weight loss... or it'll increase your deficit if you don't replace the calories with more fat and protein.

Meal timing is completely irrelevant - not eating past a certain time will make no difference unless, again, your deficit is larger because you don't use the calories you would have otherwise spent on dinner/dessert/snacks after this time.

• LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • EthanPierre
    Options
    @debtay123 fast carbs are things like breads, pastas, sweets, processed frozen foods. If you crave any of that stuff the best time to eat it is right after a hard cardio session so your body burns it quick. But don't go over board.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    @debtay123 fast carbs are things like breads, pastas, sweets, processed frozen foods. If you crave any of that stuff the best time to eat it is right after a hard cardio session so your body burns it quick. But don't go over board.

If that's how it worked, wouldn't it be better to eat them before the cardio so you burn them off during the cardio session? Or even better, after a heavy weights session to help with muscle growth/repair?
  • EthanPierre
    Options
    @debtay123 that's how its works for me. You will have to experiment to see what works for you. I don't eat them every time after a workout and I don't like to eat before a workout. I usually have a protein shake before workout. After a good weightlifting session I will incorporate slow carbs like sweet potatoes, quinoa, black beans, sour dough bread, whole grain pasta etc.
  • EthanPierre
    Options
    Sorry @debtay123 , that last response is for @livingleanlivingclean
  • Leenizi129
    Leenizi129 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Good for you. Hard work pays off.
  • jamleerai
    jamleerai Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results. You are an inspiration!
  • kmg3614
    kmg3614 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • EthanPierre
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • RonYoung2017
    RonYoung2017 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow the befor and after pic hits home. Im roughly the same size as your before pic but i'm down 7 pounds and getting stronger everyday
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!