The things you do when your kids/husband is away.

Options
NavajoGirl85
NavajoGirl85 Posts: 164 Member
I've been on this weightloss journey for almost 3 months. I have been doing really good and I get comments from my kids and husband on how great I'm doing. Tonight the kids are at a sleepover and the husband is at work. I'm telling you, I NEVER get a day or evening alone. So I could eat my face out on all the yummy snacks, yummy foods and pretty much anything I wanted to if I wanted to just let loose. Your probably wondering why this is in the success stories page? Well my friends, if my family is away and I have the will to ban all the junk for the night and eat a turkey burger with vegetables that to me IS a success. I am down 45 pounds as of today and sure I enjoy a little something sweet every once in awhile but I feel I have come a long way. The old me would sit in my house watch TV and over indulge on all the things that made me feel good emotionally. Instead I am choosing things that make me feel good physically. Drop the mic.....

Replies

• FindingAwesome
    FindingAwesome Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Now... When I have some free time... My first thought is "oh yeah! I can get in a workout!"

Congats on making the changes and choosing the true good stuff! That's super great!
  • NavajoGirl85
    NavajoGirl85 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Now... When I have some free time... My first thought is "oh yeah! I can get in a workout!"

Congats on making the changes and choosing the true good stuff! That's super great!

Congrats to you too on choosing excersice! I didn't want to toot my own horn I just wanted to say to everyone, that some of these choices may be a small success. However, enough of them turn into a huge success and in the end it's all the little things that you do that make you succeed.
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Great job nutella always calls my name when there are no witnesses lol but I've been avoiding it for several weeks now which is a win to ne
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I go for a hike and I don't feel guilty about it!!
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I would give an arm and leg to have an evening alone.
    Going to the gym without having to rush back. That sounds like heaven.
    Enjoy it
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Ummmm, same goes when the wife is away !
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    When my husband is away, I cook a delicious meal that he wouldn't enjoy, like sweet chili salmon fillets with wild rice pilaf and asparagus. I think I'm actually healthier when he is away lol
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Go play pinball!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!